Chapter 5

"Alright, everyone. Let's start in first position," I said loudly to my class, before starting the music.

"One, two, and three, and four, five, six, seven and eight; don't forget to point your toes!" 

Every Thursday, I taught a ballet class for 6 to 9 year old's. And to be honest, it was the best job in the world. I only had work one day a week, sometimes two if another teacher for one of the other classes was absent, and I got paid a ton. And then I simply used the money I was paid for my own personal studio time. It was the best job ever. 

After class was over and everyone left, I turned my iPod to my own play list and let the music take me where ever it may. 

By the time I was done, my muscles were sore and I was covered with a thin layer of sweat. I took a few sips from my water bottle and changed back into my skinny jeans, tank top and hoodie. I turned off all of the lights in the studio and locked the doors behind me. As I started walking up the sidewalk towards the parking lot, I noticed a figure come up to the street lamp. It was a tall figure, all dressed in black. 

I stopped when I saw the figure tilt its head to the side. Whoever it was was looking at me. I was frozen in my spot. My pulse quickened when the figure turned its direction and started walking straight towards me. 

I quickly ruffled through my purse. And of course, there was nothing that I could use as a weapon. Phone! Ok, just call for help but remain calm so mysterious scary guy won't think anything is up. Maybe after he sees I have a phone he'll just walk away? Ok, battery? Dead. Of course. That's just perfect. The figure was getting closer and my hands started to shake. Pretending that I had forgotten something, I quickly turned around and headed back to the studio. I could just lock myself in there and then use the main phone to call Logan. Or the cops. Whichever would reach me first.

I tried to listen in to judge how far the footsteps of the mystery figure were behind me. But my nervous panting and thumping of my heart drowned out all sound. 

Suddenly I felt two hands on my shoulders spinning me around and just as I opened my mouth to let out a blood curdling scream, a hand was placed over my mouth. 

I started struggling but paused when I heard a voice. 

"Calm down, boat girl," the voice said quietly and I paused. Boat girl? The mystery figure took his hands off of me and pulled off his hood.

"Devon?" I asked as I squinted through the darkness. He nodded. "What's the matter with you?! I almost peed myself!" I told him in a hushed tone. 

"Why are you whispering?" he asked. 

I sighed. "Sorry," I said in a normal tone. "But do you normally go around like a creeper and grab your friends from behind like some kind of kidnapper?"

He just stared at me in silence. 

"Well?!" I asked after a few more awkward moments. I was starting to get scared again by his silence. What if Devon was some kind of psychopath that kidnaps girls and locks them in his basement?

I stopped panicking once Devon spoke again. "You shouldn't be out here."

I sighed. "Well, I was almost to my car when you decided to scare the crap out of me and make me think that I would never see the light of day again."

He shook his head. "It's dangerous out here at night. This is a college town and there is a new bar that opened up down the street. A girl like you shouldn't be out here at night. Alone," he emphasized the last word. 

"Well then where were you going?" I questioned. 

"I'll walk you to your car," he answered. I sighed. He didn't want to tell me, that's fine. I can respect that. I mean I didn't really know the guy anyway.