Chapter Eighteen

Sorry for the long wait. I just got back from overseas. Here's the new chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Icy Beta: Chapter Eighteen

“I’m sorry. I lost control.” Brayden wrapped his arms around me and nuzzled into the crook of my neck. I put down the knife that I was holding on and turned to face Brayden.

“You… regretted it?” I was sure that my tears were forming in my eyes. I knew our little make-out session might lead to something else if Brayden didn’t stop. However, deep down inside me, I didn’t really mind it. I was probably anticipating it. The moment he just left me hanging there, I felt rejected.

“You… don’t want me?” I bite my bottom lips and waited for Brayden’s answer nervously.

“No…” Once that word left his mouth, I looked up at him feeling hurt. I believed the tears that have gathered in my eyes were rolling down.

“No. I mean… I…” Brayden scratched the back of his head frustratedly. 

“I don’t mean that I don’t want you. I just don’t want to rush you into things when you are not ready.” I nodded my head silently and stared on the ground. I couldn't stop myself from crying. Brayden cupped my cheeks and lifted up my face to look at him. He wiped off my tears using his thumb.

“Hailey…” He called out my name softly.

“I understand. I got too emotional. I’m sorry.” I wiped off the remaining tears and forced out a smile.

“You go outside and sit with the others. I will call you when I finished preparing our dinner.” I pushed Brayden out of the kitchen before focusing on the cooking.

All the time when I was preparing dinner, Brayden was standing outside the kitchen watching me. I was too busy concentrating on cooking and I didn’t really notice him. Until I finished my cooking and wanting to take the dishes out to the dining table, I saw him standing there. He took the dishes from my hand and placed it on the dining table. I went to scoop 2 bowls of rice and placed it on the dining table. I didn’t cook a lot. I just cook around 3 dishes of Chinese food.

“Guys, have you eaten? I cooked dinner. Do you guys want some?” I walked over to the living room where Chloe and the others were at.

“Sure!! I’m kind of hungry too.” Alexander stood up from the sofa together with Madison.

“Great!! I go and scoop more bowls of rice.” I headed back to the kitchen and took out more bowls to scoop rice for them.

“Hailey, go and eat. I’ll do it.” Brayden came up to me and took the bowl from my hand.

“It’s ok. I can do it. You should be hungry already. Just go and eat. I will be there soon.” I grabbed the bowl from his hand and continued scooping the rice. However, Brayden didn’t leave. He just waited for me to finish scooping and he carried the bowls of rice out. We went to the dining table and ate with the others. Brayden pulled out the chair and sat beside me. All of us started eating. After we finished, the guys volunteered to wash the dishes. Some of the girls went back to their room; some went to do their own stuff. I went out to the garden and took a walk.

I had stayed in this house for so long but I had not really explored the area. I wondered in such a huge mansion, other than Brayden and the others, were there anyone staying here too. At the place I was located, other than Jayden, Chloe, Ava, Madison, Aiden, Chase and Brayden, I hardly see anyone else. Brayden didn’t tell me how many werewolves were there in the pack. Other than the building I was staying in, there were other buildings around too. I went touring outside of the main house. I was walking across the garden.