Chapter 12

New chapter! :)

Just wanna say thanks to everyone who voted, commented and those who read this story! :D I really didn't think loads of people would, so thank you! it means a lot! :D

Hope you enjoy! :)

***

Edited - 20/05/17

**************************************************

CHAPTER 12

I jolt awake gasping, sitting upright in bed, my eyes wide and watery.

No, no, no......not again....

I thought these nightmares went. I thought they went a year ago.

But no. they've come back. And I have no idea why.

I squeeze my eye shut shaking my head to try to get rid of the images that have crept up from my dreams, well nightmare I would say.

I let out a deep sigh glancing over at the clock to see its only 3:00am.

I groan internally and pull the blanket off my bed and wrap it around myself as I climb out of bed.

There is only one person I know that helps these nightmares to go away.

These nightmares that started two years ago, after my dad died. I kept picturing him in my dream, different horrible ways that he could have died and then saw his crumbled, broken, bruised body.

But, of course that's just my imagination. From what I was told. He was a fire fighter and died while doing his duty, saving people from a train wreck that was in a tunnel and never came back out. He got trapped and then eventually the ceiling of the tunnel collapsed onto him and three other fire fighters and even some passengers he was trying to save, none of them survived.

I shake my head again as I hold the blanket around me tighter and open my bedroom door quietly and pad along the dark corridor to the door next door.

The only person I know that helps me to get back to sleep after I get these nightmares. The person who I feel really understands.

My twin.

I open his door a crack and quietly slip in closing it behind me and I'm now surrounded by darkness and I blink adjusting my eyes to it and see the lump in the double bed across the room and hear his soft breathing.

I tip toe across his room to the bed to see my twin sound asleep.

I kind of feel bad that I'm doing this, and haven't done for about half a year but I know it will help me get back to sleep and have no more bad dreams.

I pull up the bed covers and slip under them with my blanket tightly around myself and wiggle further under curling my knees up into a ball.

"Lexi?" I hear him mumble groggily and in response I nod slightly.

He doesn't say or do anything for a moment. Probably thinking what the hell I'm doing. But then realises as he sighs and strokes my hair soothingly, like he used to when we were little, then turns on his side facing me and squeezes my hand gently as I feel my body drifting back into sleep.

And the only thought I have is that, I wish my dad was still here.

~~~~~~~~

Urgh! I hate this stupid skirt!