Sixty Nine || What if?

I know this is chapter sixty nine... No silly business, guys. Lol, we'll see. Carry on...

______________________________

Perhaps I am stuck in a place where some things should make sense when they don't. Through time, I continue to wonder if I am just missing it or not. For I am all but known as a girl, not a spiritualist. Perhaps my head is stuck in the fast lane. There could be a possibility of me over thinking this entire situation.

But what if I'm not?

There is that frightening "what if?" and I can't make much of it until I know exactly what that "what if?" could really be.

Today, we should be able to go home if all goes well. I can't stay here for much longer. My entire family is driving me crazy; I need to go home. Maybe when we get home, things will finally be fixed. He has got to tell me what is going on soon, or I swear I am going to lose it and then things really will go to hell.

"Vena, we are going to finally open presents," Charley pokes his head into the kitchen.

I nod and clutched my coffee one last time and taking one last sip before I get up. Yesterday was Christmas and honestly everyone forgot about presents with how hectic it has been around here lately. For the last nineteen years of my life, the first thing I did Christmas morning was open present and suddenly this time I forget all about it.

Thank Goodness that I remembered to put all my gifts for everyone in the back of James's car or that would have been quite awkward.

As I drag my feet as I enter the living room, everyone is seated pretty much everywhere that could be counted as a chair or something to sit on. Some of my family members were even sitting on the floor. I walked over to where James is sitting and by his feet are all my gifts and one of his. As soon as I sat down, James wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me into him.

I grin a small smile and say nothing. In all reality, I really had nothing to say.

My mom claps her hands together, getting everyone's attention, "I know that this has been delayed, what with how things have been pretty crazy around here."

Everyone starts to chatter quietly for a moment. My mom clears her throat purposely, trying to get everyone's attention. "Anyways, you guys can start opening presents, don't mind me, I will just be taking some pictures.

And just like that the room got loud once again. I leaned forward and gathered all my presents in my arms. I pass them out to my siblings and my parents. Slowly, everyone got through all the gifts and my family seemed to be happy with what I had chosen for all of them. What I really should have got my brother's for Christmas was some estrogen pills to calm their testosterone down just a little bit.

One perfectly wrapped gift is left in my lap and one crazily wrapped gift sits on James's lap. I wanted to wait to give it to him until I finished opening everyone else's gifts.

As I looked up from the shiny gift paper, my family is staring right at me, which makes me feel quite nervous and uneasy.

"Well, go on then. The the time you finish it's going to be summertime," Graham complains.

I turn and hand James his present. He smiles, "Thank you."

Unwrapping it, he tears the paper. As he saw what the gift was he grinned ear to ear. I smile at his happiness. Seeing him happy made me feel happy and if that doesn't mean that what we have is real then I don't know what does.

He slides the lid of the box off and looks at it. I can understand why he is so happy about this. I mean, this watch is so nice that I actually considered buying another just for myself. "I love it," he pulls me into a hug. I guess that I picked well because I was really unconfident when shopping for him. He kisses the side of my head, not caring that my entire family is watching and that my mom is taking tons of pictures. Although, I am glad that all he did was kiss the side of my head, knowing James, I thought that would have tried to make out with me just to throw off my family because that is James does. He throws people off in a humorous sense.