Chapter 21

"We are very sorry, Mr. Cabello... We made a very last minute appearance, last night..." Quincy said as he and Bella ate breakfast with the Cabello family and the newlyweds at the hotel dining room.

"You don't have to apologize, Mr. Brown, Lauren is a part of us now and you're her family. So you're no stranger." Grandpa Cabello said with a small laugh, "Actually, I didn't even know that Lauren's uncle, your dad is the famous Mr. Dwayne." He added with a proud smile. Even though his company never had any ties with Lauren's family company, he's still proud to tie a family bond with them.

"Yeah Lauren, I didn't know that you have family... Why didn't they come to your engagement party?" Austin, who was sitting next to Grandpa Cabello asked.

"Umm, they-" Lauren began to come up with another lie but Quincy cut her to it.

"Actually she told us about that, but we had to go to Hong Kong for emergency business meeting with one of our supplier there..." Quincy said. A sweet-fake smile still planted on his face as Bella nodded her head as a support.

Mr. Cabello nodded in understanding. Austin narrowed his eyes at the pair. He sensed something wrong with them and Lauren. They seem tense.

"So, you and Bella handle your family business, right?" Selena turn to ask.

"Yeah...since uncle Dwayne's health is not doing so good, we've been taking care of the company." Bella said before sipping on her tea.

"Us three," Quincy paused pointing at himself, Bella and Lauren, "We used to take care of a business. Lauren had the higher position than us, cause she knows more about business than us, but then she quit and my dad stopped the operation and told us to handle his shipping business," Quincy explained while giving Lauren a non-subtle smirk.

Lauren took a deep breath as she clenched her jaw. It sounds like a great deal, taking care of a business. Only if they know what business that Quincy meant.

"Quit? Baby, I didn't know had taken care of a business before?" Camila asked her. The news was new to her. She didn't know that her wife have an experience in handling a company. Hence, she didn't know that Lauren has any form of family. All she knew is Lauren was a pond worker, her sister in law's worker and Dinah's childhood friend from orphanage.

Lauren smile sweetly at her wife, "Well, there's a lot of me that you don't know and have to figure out," She said, pecking her wife's lips before blushing, remembering that they have audiences. Lauren turned back to the table and caught Bella and Austin rolling their eyes and Mr. Cabello who gave her a warming smile.

"So, you left all of that to be a dirty pond worker?" Austin scoffed earning a hard glare from Camila. Nobody can call Lauren names, not on her watch.

"Umm...well, I left the company because I wanna feel how it is to start from the bottom...I'd like to do it all, myself, with my blood, sweat and tears," Lauren replied. Camila turned her glare at Austin to smile at her wife in adoration. She rather works hard under the sun than using her uncle's money and that's so inspiring and...hot.

"Well, I think you are bullshitting and that doesn't make any sense at all," Austin said as he put the cutlery down on his plate and laid back on his chair, with his arms folded on his chest.

"Austin, if you have nothing nice to say to Lauren, then you are excused." Mr. Cabello said, calmly as he sipped on his coffee.

"Yeah, I thought that would do it," Austin mumbled under his breath before getting up and walked away from the table.

"I'm sorry about that Mr. Brown, Ms. Thorne." Mr. Cabello apologized, addressing to the pair.

"It's fine Mr. Cabello. It happens." Quincy replied as Bella smiled at the old man.