Chapter Twenty-One

A/N: You know you guys are super-duper fast at comments right? Well, I hope you have some stuff left to say because this chapter is jam packed! I hope you love it and make sure to let me know what you think! Love you all!

                                                                      ~ ~ ~

The moon seemed to rise before they had even realised it. As they headed outside it was already mostly dark and Stiles was starting to feel a little apprehensive. It didn’t help that he had to trust Scott with his jeep because he was going with Jackson in the Porsche. He thought it was a stupid idea to bring that car to the forest but he didn’t bother explaining that.

They all gave each other silent parting glances before getting into their cars and heading their separate ways. Erica and Jackson were bickering over the radio station which Stiles thought was completely insane but he shut himself up in the back seat.

Apparently the rules of shotgun don’t apply to werewolves.

Lydia was questioning Derek thoroughly about his relationship with Stiles, much to Isaac’s amusement. She was just trying to hide the fact that she was practically terrified. Derek and Isaac both smelt it on her and did their best to just try and calm her down… which meant that Derek ended up answering some questions that he really would rather not have.

Boyd was feeling a little like the man in the middle between the awkwardness of Scott and Allison. He thought he was the awkward one but he was seeing things with a whole new light.

“Uh… you know, if the two of you need to talk about anything I can seriously get out and run.” He said when they were a few miles away.

“We’re okay, thanks Boyd.” Allison smiled at him and exhaled heavily.

“Hey, it’s okay, we can do this. We can all do this.” Scott said.

“You don’t always have to be the protector you know.” She said softly.

He looked over at her for a second. “I know.”

Boyd was starting to wish he had been paired with anyone else, even Erica.

Jackson parked the Porsche at the edge of the forest and all three of them jumped out, Stiles carrying a crossbow in one hand.

“Bet you think you look like a real badass holding that thing don’t you?” Erica sneered.

Stiles huffed a bit and Jackson gave a little chuckle. “Okay, here’s the thing. I know the two of you are all sarcasm and looking pretty but you know what? This is pretty fucking serious right here so maybe you can pull your overstuffed heads out of your perfectly bleached assholes and start focussing on this!” He said.

Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead and Jackson looked over at Erica who tilted her head at Stiles.