Chapter 7

After I finished digesting breakfast and the fact the Red Druid pack encourages children to murder I wanted to go to training so badly it hurt.

Things were tough nowadays and werewolves only got tougher, but kids younger than 12 training to kill someone seemed a little hardcore. I'm not saying I'm a saint and never had to end a wolves life before but it was in battle not cold blooded murder.

When did this tradition take place? Who created it? Was it Hunter? My head began to pound with a headache and stomach felt uneasy.

The four males had left me to my own devices in the kitchen a few minutes ago and I was thankful for it. Looking at them in a different light changes the perspective a whole lot.

It was getting brighter outside, the sun had fully emerged from the mountain's peaks and the pale blue sky greeted my eyes through the windows. Snow glimmered like diamonds and the icicles hanging off the pine trees reminded me of a chandelier. Water slowly dripped off the small crystals as the morning sun's heat bounced across it.

I sighed and took a long quiet moment to myself trying to find a way to piece my life together again which was frantically cracking and tumbling apart. Either I win 'The Hunting' and loose my chance of ever having a mate or I don't win and be forced into a life of submission and control. Both ways had little going for them, but still I had to try and fight for my freedom because I know if I don't I will never forgive myself.

Deciding to stop moping around and actually do something productive I left for the gym. The gym was in fact only a couple of blocks away so jogging to get warmed up sounded good.

My feet pounded evenly against the icy sidewalk, clouds of hot breath puffed out of my mouth like a train; swirling towards the sky. The frigid cold air bit into my skin but the discomfort was welcomed and kept me from focusing on my problems. I felt my fingers grow stiffly numb and toes burn from the freezing slush seeping threw my shoes.

I steadied my breathing as I reached the doors to the gym, practice had already started, but in the morning it was drop in so it didn't really matter what time you showed up.

Pushing past the doors I was greeted with the smell of sweaty males and the sight of werewolves trying to beat each other to a pulp. God how I've missed this.

Several people smiled and greeted me, I remained top of my class and still maintained respect from my pack even after this scandal with the Red Druids. To be honest, I was shocked they weren't trying to kick me out of the pack with the fact I was destined to be the Luna to one of the most powerful packs in werewolf history, but I suppose 'The Hunting' has spared me some time with them and proven I wish to stay.

Strutting past several sparring rings I made my way towards the makeshift obstacle courses setup to test a warrior agility and wits. You needed both to reach the end.

The obstacle course was nothing like our usual ones designed for children and adults, this one looked like it came straight from a military camp. Low hanging barb wire, a high step-over, wall hanger, low belly over, and a skyscraper to top it all off. (A/N Look up military obstacles to learn what those names mean).

Why were the obstacle courses so different?

Shrugging it off I made my way over to my squad who currently were having a fun hand to hand combat tournament against each other.

Liam, Dean, and Rachel were sitting on a bench chattering happily about something while the others were currently fighting in the ring. I wish I could be as comfortable around others like Liam and Dean can, but something in my being prevents me from opening up and be at ease.