113

"phil," dan called. it had been thirty minutes since dan had closed his eyes shut and leaned against the window but sleep just wasn't coming to him. there was this strange adrenaline rushing through his veins from the events of today. he was so anxious and paranoid but somehow he was also so thrilled and excited that all his emotions confused him.

"i thought you wanted to sleep?" phil looked at dan, who's tall frame was cramped in the seat, his legs close to his chest, and his head resting against the window glass.

"i can't, i just want to cuddle,"

"babe, i can't even if i wanted to because i'm driving," phil reasoned, wanting to the press down on the gas pedal as hard as possible to get home faster and lay in bed holding dan for however long he liked.

"can we stop over somewhere, i don't feel very well,"

"stop where?"

"i don't know, a gas station maybe? let's get some coffee and relax for a while i am just," dan sighed out frustratedly, wanting to climb through the partition and into phil's lap. he was feeling really desperate but he did not care because it had been so long since he and phil were close and he just wanted to be in his embrace until the seasons changed.

"alright, anything for you darling," phil winked, not realising that the particular gesture made dan want to do so many things to him. dan knew it was too soon to do anything suggestive with phil right now, given their situation but he couldn't stop imagining how it would be like. just the thought of phil's soft hands all over his body made his spine tingle and all the blood rush south and it wasn't long before he could feel the heat in his cheeks.

"you okay?" phil placed his hand against dan's cheek for a while and dan just blushed even more, nodding his slightly. he was embarrassed by the way his body was reacting, and so he just pressed his cold hands to his warm face trying to get rid of the redness.

after twenty minutes they were pulling in one of the lanes of a rustic looking gas station, getting phil's car tank full.

"do you want anything else or just coffee?" phil asked, fixing his fringe and getting out of the car. instead of answering, dan just followed phil's actions, opening his car door as well.

"can i come along?" dan mumbled shyly, pulling his shirt to cover more of him. he did not know why he was feeling so conscious and shy and like a thirteen-year old girl, but honestly he did not mind.

"of course," phil smiled slightly at him and dan just smiled back, dimples shadowing lightly in his cheeks.

"can i hold your hand?" dan pondered (of something great) out loud, and phil just looked at him like he had twelve eyes.

"we literally just ran away from your house, dan," phil laughed silently shaking his head at dan's innocence, grabbing his slightly tanned hand, the contrast of their skins making his heart swell.

"stop bullying me," dan muttered and with that they walked into the confectionery store, dan smiling sheepishly at phil every once in a while.

--
because the drugs never work