77

danniester: this is so awkward

"oh my god dan, just talk to me," phil suddenly slams his hands on the coffee table, making dan's eyes widen and his body jerk back in the seat. his cheeks immediately heat up from the odd looks people are giving him them, and he just looks around apologetically, running a hand through his fringe.

"don't yell," dan mumbles nervously. he feels genuinely awkward, sitting here with phil. it's not like he doesn't want to be here but his hands are clammy and his legs are twitching and his breathing is unregulated from the thickening air.

"well you aren't talking to me, what else am i supposed to do?" phil is kind of annoyed and frustrated with dan. he knows that it was his fault and he shouldn't have fucked pj or be that blunt about bianca, but it was dan's fault too and phil was really trying to make things better for both of them. he liked dan, in all the ways possible and eventhough he did not see a relationship with him, phil wanted dan all to himself.

"fuck you," dan's voice was small as he looked away from phil, anxiously picking the dead skin off his fingertips.

"i'm sorry okay? i didn't mean for any of this to happen," phil reaches forward to grab dan's hands, and dan flinches for a moment before relaxing in phil's grip. phil's eyes are bright and consuming and there is no way dan could escape from his gaze.

"i'm sorry too,"

"it's okay," phil smiles at dan to relieve some of the tension. he really wants them to be normal again, because he misses the banter and flirting and the carefree conversations they used to have. their friendship was not something phil expected to be so dramatic, and so he was trying his best to level it down.

"do you want something to eat?" phil finally asks and dan looks up at him with a smirk etched onto his lips.

"so what, you're trying to make this a normal date?" dan giggles a bit and phil just bites his lip, suppressing his urge to smile at the adorable way dan smiles, his dimples carving in both cheeks and crinkles appearing beside his eyes ever so slightly.

"fuck off,"

--
there's a lizard in my house i will shoot it
aLSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANNY BOY