09

Author's Note: I am so sorry for the delays in updates. My life is all over the place at the momenta and I'm not sure when that's all gonna stop. This chapter contains some science which probably isn't correct and some sexual scenes. We're back to Charlie and Finn at uni now though :)

Also have any of you read the foxhole court because I just finished the last book and I am in love and need to talk about it/find some fanfiction to read

Charlie is pretty sure there is nothing in the world more frustrating than not remembering the exact word for something. It's happening to him now, he can say the words it almost is but his brain is drawing a blank on the actual word itself. Finn's laughing at his attempts to remember, the flailing gestures he's using to try to explain exactly what he means.

Eventually Charlie leaves a space, hopes the word will come back to him later.

"I hate revision," Finn groans, he's been stressing out about some test coming up for around an hour now and it does not appear to be aiding his efforts to study.

"Yeah but you need to do it."

"Do I?"

"Yes," Charlie sighs, "not even you can pass without studying at all."

"But I don't want to study at all."

Despite his annoying whining, Charlie can tell that Finn really has lost some of his motivation. And he looks so despondent, as if he can't believe that he doesn't want to study. Finn has always been clever and he's always been determined to succeed, but he's finding it increasingly difficult to concentrate when the sun is shining bright outside.

Finn will never admit it but Charlie is proving a distraction too. They've only been something for a couple of weeks now, and it's still very much a private thing, and so Finn thinks that time spent together just the two of them could be much better used touching, or kissing, or doing whatever the hell they want to do. But instead he has to study, Charlie completely oblivious to how torturous sitting so close to him and not be able to touch him is.

"I tell you what," Charlie says, taking matters into his own hands, "pass me your textbook. I'm going to ask you questions, you get it right you get a kiss, the more questions in a row you get right, the better the kiss. Deal?"

"Deal," a smile appears on Finn's lips, and he sits up, suddenly much more interested in revision.

"What protects the pituitary gland?"

Finn barely pauses.

"The sella turcica of the sphenoid bone."

Charlie presses a small kiss to Finn's forehead.

"There you go."

"That's it?"

"I told you they'd get better," Charlie says teasingly.

"Fuck you."

"You need to study right now, maybe some other time."

Finn groans.

"What is hypopituitarism?"

"Diminished hormone secretion by the pituitary gland."

A small kiss is pressed to the hollow of Finn's neck, Charlie nips lightly and he feels Finn tense.

"I really hate you," Finn mutters hoarsely.

"I'm trying to help."

"You are not helping the problem in my boxers."