⎡44⎦

I woke up the next day much more awake than the other because today was... MY BIRTHDAY! The big 15! WHOOP! I got up before Astoria and rushed to get my robes on. As I was trying to tie my damn tie I heard a groan.

"Ughhh. Hazel what time is it?" Astoria asked. I started jumping around the dorm.

"MY BIRTHDAY!" I yelled pumping my fist in the air.

"UGGHHH!" She groaned putting her pillow over her ears.

I giggled and went down to breakfast. I was prepared. I already knew what was going to happen. As the doors opened I felt arms wrap around my legs and pick me up. I laughed as I was slid into the Gryffindor table.

"Hey everyone!" I said once I was situated.

"Hi Hazel!" Everyone replied back. Presents were shoved into my hands.

I took the box from the twins first. This year there would be no confetti.

"Ginny. Be a dear and open the present for me please." I said handing her the box.

The room quieted as she slowly opened the box. Nothing happened. Then, the confetti shot out of the box and  rose in the air, then hit me straight in the face. Everyone started howling in laughter. I could tell the people at the Head Table where chuckling or trying not to laugh just like last year.

I wiped off the confetti and whipped towards the boys. "You planned this didn't you!? You put Ginny in the plan."

They both nodded and laughed.

"E-ever single y-year!" George choked out through his laughter.

I gave them a face and turned towards the box. Inside was a sugar quill. A smile crept onto my face. I opened the rest of my presents from the Gryffindors. Chocolate Frog from Ron, like always. Some nail polish from Ginny. And a Galleon from Harry because he didn't have time to get anything, per usual. I got up from the table, holding my presents in my hand and turned to the Slytherin table.

I slid into a seat next to Astoria. As soon as I sat down she started to put makeup on my face.

"Astoria! Ack! Stop it! Astoria! ACK! Stop! Stop! ACK!"

She continued to place the makeup onto my face, much to my protest. She handed me a hand mirror. She somehow was able to apply lipstick, mascara, blush, and WAY too much bronzer onto my face. Every boy in the room was staring at me with a slightly dropped jaw. I blushed and desperately tried to get the bronzer off my face with my napkin.

"Astoria! Why would you do that?" I frantically whispered.

"Because, ever since those Beauxbaton girls came no boy has even spared a glance towards you."

My jaw dropped. "And I wished to keep it that way."

"Oh well." Astoria said with a shrug. "Now stop taking it all off."

I scowled at her as Errol and Themis flew in. This year I kept my hands above my head as Errol dropped the parcel. I opened it immediately and began to eat the cookies.

I went over to Themis and pulled off the parcel. Inside was a beautiful hair comb with a letter.

Dear Hazel,

I hope you have a great birthday and you like your present. Your mother wore this at our wedding and I'm sure you can find a reason to wear this hair comb as well. I love you.

Dad

I smiled and put the comb back into the parcel wrapping. Astoria helped me bring my stuff upstairs.