The Basics of Wattpad

THE BASICS OF WATTPAD
things I'm asked a lot.

1) HOW TO ADD A NEW PART TO A STORY

[On the Website]
Along the top there's an orange bar. On the right side, there's your username, with an white arrow beside it. Click/scroll over the white arrow/your username. A drop down menu will appear. Go to 'My Works'. Then you'll see a list of your stories. Along the right, you'll see 'manage' 'new part' and 'delete'. Click 'new part'.

[On App]
In the top left corner you'll see three lines on top of each other. Click that. A menu will appear to the left. Go to 'Create'. There you'll see a list of your stories. Click on the story you want to add a new chapter to. In the top right corner, there's a button called 'ADD'. Click that.

2) HOW TO ADD A COVER

[On Website]
Go to 'My Works'. Along the left side, beside the title of the story, you'll see a rectangle. Under it, it'll say 'edit'. Click that and either make, or upload your cover.

[On App]
Go to 'Create'. Click the story you want to change the cover of. Click the cover.

3) HOW TO ADD A PICTURES/VIDEOS ON THE SIDE OF A CHATPER

Two ways to do this. You must do this on the website, you can't on the app. (with the new update you can do it on the app now, and I'll edit how to in later)

WAY ONE
Go to your profile. Click on the story you want to add a picture to. Go to the chapter you want to add a picture to. On the right side, above the cover, you'll see 'Writer Tools' Click 'Photo'. Paste the link there. Hit 'Ok'.
For video, it's the same, but click 'video' under 'Writer's Tools' instead of

WAY TWO
Go to 'My Works'. Find the part you want to add a picture or video to. Click 'Edit', next to that part (on the right side). On the right side of the page, under 'Options', you'll see 'Basic | Advanced'. Click 'Advanced'. Paste the links there.

ONE THING TO REMEMBER:
For photos, the link has to end in .jpg, .png, or .gif for it to work. It has to be the direct link.

4) HOW TO DEDICATE A CHAPTER TO SOMEONE
Go to your profile. Click on the story you want to dedicate a chapter of. Go to the chapter you want the dedication to be on. On the right side, above the cover, you'll see 'Writer Tools'. Click 'Dedication'. Enter the username of the person you want to dedicate to.

Next part is when the real tips start :)
Anything else about how Wattpad works that you don't know?
Comment below.

~JJ :)