«chapter thirty-three: facing the demon»

___________________

___________________

CATGIRL'S POV

"Rogue is being kept in a jail-cell in Gotham."

  That set me off, "You put her in a place like that! She has superpowers! Kobra-venom!-" Nightwing cuts me off.

  "For now, then will be transferred to a more secret and secure location." He finishes, crossing his arms as he raises one eyebrow at me.

  I sigh, "Sorry, I am just worried she could get out."

  "She won't." He reassures me, "I made the plans and picked the locations. She isn't going to hurt anyone. She isn't going to hurt you." He adds the last bit after a second of hesitation.

  We are walking, in daylight, to the police station. The weird looks are almost normal now. It's like, 'oh there are two super heroes, who used to be enemies, just going for a walk in the park.' There is nothing strange about that!

Now the news will for sure think we are dating.

  I shake my head mentally and focus on what I am going to ask her. I am ready for answers and I know that she won't spill if they can hear so I have a plan in place to make sure I hear what I need to and no one else overhears. Nightwing included.

  "How did you get the police to do this, anyways?" I ask as some of my hair falls in my face, causing me to tuck some of it behind my ear.

  "This station helps Batman and I out sometimes." He says, not giving much away.

  "Oh. Vague, I like it. " Is all I say as I look at him.

He looks tense, his hair a mess and his muscles standing out more than they normally do because of his tensing.

I push the thought away, feeling stupid for making that observation.

  "Here." He says as we walk up the stairs and into the building.

  I tense as we enter the place that I have always been running from. Nightwing steps in front to talk to an officer. Gordon, make that the commissioner.

  "Nightwing." He greets. They nod to each other then turn to me.

  Gordon takes a deep breath, "Catgirl." He seems a little overwhelmed at my appearance.

  "Mr. Gordon. Funny seeing you here." I say with a playful tone.

  "Funny how you are here when you don't commit a crime. That we know of, of course." He says in a not-so-playful tone. How rude.

  "Well, I guess some people are better at your job than you are." I reply sassily and smile, "don't take it personally, you caught me on a bad day. Maybe we can work things out later." I add when his face gets red.