|One|

Meryl Kloss

"Princess, don't do it. You will hurt yourself." My best friend/cousin as well as my assigned boy guard for a week, Karl Lark yelled.

"Don't yell at me, I don't like it." I pouted and watched as his face morphed in horror when he realized what he just did.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to but please come down, you'll get hurt." He said slowly before making his way towards me, slowly.

I was standing on our dinner table and dancing as my favourite song turned up on the TV, I raised the volume as much as my ears could bear. Werewolf ability to hear better and all.

The song ended too soon for my liking and  another song started playing, I continued dancing because that's what i can do to waste my time- eat, read, watch tv, eat and repeat. I had to keep myself entertained somehow or else i feel like i would soon lose my sanity being stuck up in my house.

Karl was busy on his phone when I climbed on the table. If he had seen me when i was climbing the table, he wouldn't have even let me near the table.

"But I don't want to." I stomped my foot on the table looking down at the black haired, blue eyes, 6'1 feet tall boy who was looking up at me, his eyes pleading.

"You have to though or do you want me call Uncle Gerard now." He threatened me, pulling his phone out just to prove how serious he was. Uncle Gerard as in my dad was the younger brother of Karl's father.

"NO, I'll come down." I said quickly when I realized how serious he was.

Not that my dad would scold me for climbing on the table or anything, scolding was the last thing he'd do but he was super protective of me and my safety which can be overbearing and overwhelming at times. He wouldn't scold me but would definitely be extra cautious which was the last thing i wanted from him.

"I'm waiting."

Giving a longing look to the table I was on, I stretched my arms out towards Karl indicating him to carry me down. He rolled his eyes at my childish behavior but still held me bridal style, one hand under my knees the other over my back, in one swift motion.

"Sometimes, I wonder whether you really are a seventeen years old girl." He muttered to which I nodded my head and gave him wide grin. "I'm seventeen and I'm gonna be an adult in a couple of months." I excitedly said pointing at myself.

He left out a snort when he heard the word adult but when he saw my narrowed my eyes, he gave me a sheepish smile.

Karl was the only friend i had growing up, along with his best friend, the Aplha's son, who wasn't away from the pack for almost three years. Karl was like a brother to me who also played the role of my best friend.

"You wanna eat something?" He asked carrying me towards the kitchen. My previous anger dissipated when i heard his offer and bobbed my head up and down excitedly. "Yes food."

"You are always hungry." He mused as he settled me down the stool that's placed along the kitchen island. I shrugged and started playing with the stool as it had rollers at the end.

"I want to eat cheese cake with strawberry topping and also a chocolate shake." I tapped my chin as i listed off what i wanted to eat, nodding my head absent-mindedly.

"You do know that you are talking to me and not some chef, right?" Karl had an incredulous look on his face, I nodded my head at his question and scrunched my nose in confusion. "Um.. Yeah, I know."

"I can't cook." He stated drily. "So you have to eat whatever is in there which is..." He opened the fridge and started rummaging through it. "Cookies." He held the plate of cookies that Aunt Maria, Karl's mom had baked for me in the morning.