(7) The Battle With The Volturi

(7) The Battle with the Volturi 

This chapter has been edited. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. 

Author's Note: 

~Finally for the chapter or the chapter before the chapter that you have been waiting for. Next chapter will be Ara meeting Elijah! Are you guys excited? I am! Arabella's ring is on the side. Thank you @OkayLaughing for making me a cover~ 

Ara's P.O.V: 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~. 

Today was the day the Volturi was coming for Renesmee and me. Everyone was quite nervous and anxious and a little bit scared. The night before the battle, we headed to the mountains to be closer to the battle site. The snow was falling but it melted as the fire got hotter, with the help of Benjamin of course. 

The others and I were sitting around the camp fire telling stories. Technically, they were telling stories while I was wondering around the camp site. Vladimir was currently telling a story about a famous berserker/vampire named Ivan. 

"Ivan was the most bloodthirsty vampire that I had ever met," said Vladimir. "He was a tall giant with silver ashen blonde hair and purple eyes that gleamed with childish terror. I never knew any vampire with purple eyes but I soon learned that he didn't feed on people's blood; he fed on people's fear and pain. 

"I was young back then, not even a vampire myself when I met him. My mother had me run errands, selling breads to the rich people and collecting laundry when I saw him. He was over an unconscious body. He towered over it as he casually swung his pipe over his shoulder. He turned around and I saw a childish smile on his face. His purple eyes glowed maliciously as shivers-" 

"Arabella!" my mom called. I halted my roaming around and listening to Vladimir's story to look at my mother. She had pulled away Renesmee over to the tent that we were supposed to share. Yeah, like that's going to end well.  

I walked over to the tent, opened the flap, and then went inside. Mom and Renesmee sat on the floor side by side. Renesmee now had a new necklace dangling on her neck. Mom, who heard me come in, motioned for me to sit down next to her. Renesmee threw me a fake smile but her brown eyes glowered at me. Mother did not seem to notice this at all. 

I sat down next to her, "what is it mom?" 

She smiled at me before bringing out a velvet box. I took it cautiously and looked at her questioningly. 

"Open it," she urged. I did what she said. I opened the lid of the box to reveal the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. The band was silver and at where the silver band held the gem were two small hands. They weren't real (thank god) but they looked like they were holding the gem as if placing it on a royal head. The gem was a blue sapphire shaped into a heart. It had a silver crown on top. The sides of the ring had a white-blue pattern; a sapphire gem, a diamond, a sapphire, a diamond.  

I felt a strange power surge through me. I watched as a green energy (that only I can see) ran from the ring to my arm. Nothing else seemed to happen. 

"It's beautiful," I gasped. 

"We couldn't find you a lapis lazuli ring but sapphire was the next best thing. We got Crystal to ask one of her warlock friends to bless it. Now, when you go out to the sun you won't feel a slight pain or glow," she explained. 

"Thank you so much!" I hugged her. 

Renesmee glared at me, her chocolate brown eyes became darker. I got the message the moment her eyes met mine.