Riccardo

^finally changed the covers to match

PS: I know it bugs you when I don't post translations along with the lines in Italian, but this story is from Helen's POV and as she doesn't know the language, you don't get an instant translation either. I know, sucks, but it makes the story feel more authentic(to me at least).

***

Wanna know what is so great about coffee?

It enables you to stay up late to figure out what the fuck you're going to do when you're facing imminent death.

Wanna know what is the bad side of coffee?

I've had so much of it that all I want to do now is to cha cha real smooth.

After all that caffeine, I feel like my situation isn't really all that bad.

Yeah, I am sitting across enough money to get myself a dozen kidneys just for fun and a whole gang wants me out of this country and the man I like is avoiding me and another gang is probably trying to decide if they let me die slowly or not...

But what matters most is that we have our health.

I rised my cup of coffee towards the window of my room, from which the moonlight brightened the place a bit, resting my head on my other arm on the table, chuckling lightly, at nothing in particular.

I'm fucked.

A little chuckle escaped my lips,then I rubbed my face into my arm as it turned into a grimance, trying to position myself better.

I never thought a wodden chair and table could be so comfortable...

***

Fek.

I'm never drinking coffee again.

My stomach is hurting like crazy as all that coffee ate at its walls and now I am in my bed, positioned like a fetus, clutching my tummy.

I feel like fuck. Fuck.

I cri.

Tucking myself in with one hand, I sank myself in between the sheets, trying to keep myself warm up.

I hate my life.

It's 11 now.

Enough time to get myself together and figure out what I'm going to do at the rendezvous point.

***

"Take 2 of these. One in the morning and one before going to bed. And take it easy with the caffeine from now on." The nice pharmacist said receiving a guilty smile in return from me.

I waved at both her and her coleague, who was looking at us strangely as he didn't speak English.

Thank God I finally found a pharmacy in which someone understood me. I went into two others and they tried to sell me birth control and rash creams.

I put my sunglasses on, exiting the store as I scanned the market, trying to figure out wow I was going to meet this mister.

Hear me out. I have a plan.

Sorta.

Everything is pretty much the same thing I've originally set with that man on the phone. I go there, dressed as we talked, give them the bag then I'll just go back to my hotel room and get this over with.

Simple.

Oh, and I'll have Leo on speed dial just in case they want to kill me or something.

Better sent out of the country then dead,u kno?