Chapter 10 ~ Speak of The Devils

Jay's P.O.V

If I told you that the next couple of days were easy one look into my eyes you could tell I was ling, in fact these couple of days have been hell! As the seconds, minutes and hours past ever so slowly until my old rotten pack arrive, my temper has been getting the better of me. I snapped at everybody, especially Penny. I know I shouldn't be acting like this but I couldn't help it, they all know what they put me through and now they are willingly accepting them with open arms! You can see where my frustration is coming from. I didn't do much of anything anymore, I just kept myself locked away in my room with music playing as loud as it could go, there's nothing like listening to The Midnight Beast. I got to say those guys are hilarious!

Every couple of hours or so the triplets would try to get me out of my room and do something other than sulk around my room, but I refused. I was preparing for myself for their arrival, I need to be strong, I need to hold my head up high and show them that I'm not a scared little girl anymore, I am a strong wolf.

Outside the moon was now high in the sky giving light to all those still out in the night. I stared at the moon captivated by its beauty, so free in the sky watching over everyone whilst they slept, not a care in the world. If only I could live a life like that, not having to worry about war, the safety of my pack or myself. Wouldn't life be great?

I reluctantly change into some pyjama shorts and a tank top then climb into bed. I cleared my mind forgetting everything. My last thought before I feel asleep was that I'd be seeing Cameron, my mate tomorrow.

~*~

"Psst, Jay."

"Jay."

"Yo, Jay wake up!" Someone shouted. I sprang out of bed ready to face my attackers only to find Jake bending over laughing his head off.

"Seriously Jake! Was that really necessary?" I asked.

"Yes, yes it was," he smirked. "Hurry up and get ready our guests will be arriving soon." He sneered out the word guests.

"Argh, don't remind me." I groaned. Jake stayed with me as I got ready. I rummaged through my closet until I found my dark blue jeans, black tank top and a pair of white all stars. Once I was dressed I brushed through my hair and coated my eyes with mascara and a bit of eye liner to make my eyes stand out more.

"So... What do you think?" I asked Jake once I was finished.

"You look beautiful as always Jay," he said with a smile.

I blushed, "thank you."

The roaring of vehicles and the sound of tires crunching up stones could be heard in the distance. "Well I guess its show time." I muttered.

"Come on, let's go." Jake said ushering me out of my room. I followed Jake out of my room and down the stairs with a scowl on my face. When I stepped from the last step the rest of my pack mates looked at me warily, I smiled, this seemed to make them more relaxed.

"Jay sweetie," Penny called. "I'm terribly sorry for what I've done." The look on her face made me feel so guilty. Her eyes held nothing but guilt and sadness and she had bags under her eyes.

"It's not your fault Pen. I'm the one that should be apologizing. I know that there was nothing you could do, after all we have sworn that we would protect other packs and let's not forget about what the moon goddess told me. We should be trying hard than ever to keep other packs and the human's safe." I said looking pointedly at Penny. "From now on I will be the best beta and pack protector, and I will not let my problems get in the way of anything or other people's safety." I finished my little speech looking at my pack that had gathered at the front entrance of the house.