sixteen

"Seb?" Talia's voice was quiet and on edge, biting her lip as she waited for his response. Silence was all she heard on the other end at first, leaving her even more nervous than she already was.

She'd genuinely had no intentions other than to catch up with Matthew, considering eventually they'd left things on a good note. She hadn't considered for even a second that it would upset Sebastian, but now she could see why.

"I'm sorry, really," her voice was quiet, hardly even audible, but she heard Sebastian sigh from the other end of the line, "I didn't think at all and-"

"And nothing, Talia. I was being petty and jealous okay? Maybe I'm being too quick to forgive you but I love you and I'm not going to be an asshole about you remaining friends with an ex."

Talia was silent, only the sound of her heavy breathing audible until her breath hitched, "You - You what?"

"I love you," he scoffed, "You must've realised that by now. I planned to tell you more romantically but the right time hadn't come. And, well, yeah."

"I love you too, but you probably already know that. I didn't want it to be too soon, Seb, but I really do love you and I cherish your company too much to ruin that for an ex-boyfriend, no matter how well we still get along."

Sebastian smiled, relief washing over his body like summer heat as the three words he had longed to hear slipped from his girlfriends mouth. It sounded so incredible to hear her say it, and he'd seemingly immediately forgotten the issue he'd had only moments prior.

"I think I should explain about Ailee, though," Talia swallowed hard, pressing her thumb to her temple and her index finger to her forehead, "It's no surprise she's contacted you."

Sebastian bit his lip, awaiting further explanation.

Talia brushed a little dirt off her thigh, distracting herself from what she had to tell Sebastian, "She, well, I don't know how to tell you this? She's an - an ex too."

"You've dated girls?" Sebastian sounded shocked. Not disapproving in the slightest, but shocked.

"Yeah. My 17 year old self was coming to terms with my bisexuality and she happened to be exactly how it happened. We dated for like a year and a half, but it ended messily."

Talia was happy to get this off her shoulders. Sebastian had always been incomprehensibly caring and Talia knew he wouldn't judge her, but her past was not something she shared with people often.

"But I found a guy. He went to the Arts college I attended and we clicked. We were so similar, which proved an issue later on, but I was smitten immediately. I broke it off with Ailee and she flipped."

Sebastian drew in a deep breath, "She didn't like the fact you'd moved on to a guy?"

"She didn't like me the fact I'd moved on at all. So, in a bitter act of revenge she pasted photos we'd taken as a couple everywhere and outed me to the other students. My new boyfriend broke up with me because of the teasing. And I, in the meantime, had to deal with not only the constant harassment, but additional harassment from fucking Ailee begging for forgiveness and another chance."

Sebastian nodded, his eyes sympathetic and caring though Talia couldn't even see him, "Princess that's fucking awful."

"It's fine, babe, I've moved past it," she coughed a little and Sebastian could tell she was holding back tears, "She's made continuous attempts to ruin every relationship of mine since. I don't understand her issue considering it's been six years, but she despises me now and the potential of my happiness."

Sebastian's voice was always like music to Talia's ears, and so at this point his caring words as he cooed down the phone were exactly what she needed to hear. "It's fine, okay? I'm not letting her break us up and in fact I'm not letting anything break us up. I love you, Talia Summers. I love you."

Talia's smile broadened, despite the lone tear trickling down her face. She wiped it away, "I'm so lucky to have you, Seb. I don't know what I'd do otherwise."

"Be absolutely miserable considering you'd lack the ability to make out with this hot piece of Romanian ass?" he joked, and Talia chuckled.

"You're such a loser, Sebby."

"Yeah, I am. That's why you love me though - I'm your loser."

"Shut up, you sap," Talia mocked, "But sure."

"Good, now get your ass into some cute clothes we're going on a date and I'm going to cheer you up."

---
bless their souls i lov
okay so i didn't explain the ailee thing well enough i don't think but ??? let's go with it aight
elöise