Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

Ice Skating and Diadems 

I woke up the next morning around seven. Stretching, I pulled on a skirt, along with the rest of the Hogwart's Gryffindor uniform. Throwing on some knee socks and uggs, I let my hair fall down my back, pulling it over my robe.

Looking into the mirror, I studied my outfit closely. In the uniform, I looked more like Lily Evans Potter then I thought. While we didn’t have the same nose or hair, we both had heart-shaped faces and bright green eyes. All I needed to do was dye my hair red, and Snape would have a heart attack. Tempting.

Walking downstairs, I walked out of the common room, wand placed safely in my shoes.  Sneaking into the Great Hall, I was relieved to see that food was already on the table, and that I wasn’t the first one there. Cho Chang and Marietta sat at the Ravenclaw table, while Susan Bones sat at the Hufflepuff table with Ernie Macmillan. Draco, Blaise and Pansy were all at the Slytherin table, and the Gryffindor table was empty, except for Fred and George. Walking over, I sat down across from them.

“Morning.” I greeted, reaching out and grabbing an apple, inspection it before taking a bite. Fred and George grinned, holding out a plate of custards toward me.

“Want one?”

“What, so I turn into an over grown bird? Eat them yourself.” I suggested, and Fred nodded.

“Good idea. You coming to watch the quidditch this week?” Fred asked, and I grinned.

“Of course. Couldn’t miss watching the second best beaters Hogwarts ever had.”

“Second? Who was first?”

“Sirius Black and Fabian Prewett.” I grinned, remembering some of the photos Sirius had shown me, including one of Sirius launching himself into the air just to hit a bludger that almost hit James. Gryffindor won that match, but Sirius was in the Hospital Wing for a while. Can you say determined?

“Wicked.” Fred and George chorused, and I nodded, digging into some oatmeal.

“So, how is everything coming along?” I asked, and Fred  and George took out a piece of red and blue fudge, laying it on the table.

“Fever Fudge.” Fred said.

”You eat the red,”

“You catch a fever,”

“Eat the blue,”

“It goes away.” Fred and George finished together. I nodded.

“Brilliant. Any chance I could use that to get out of D.A.D.A tomorrow?” I asked, and Fred and George shook there heads. We still had one day left of Christmas break, and I planned to spend day the best I could.

“We’d love to give it to you, being you one of our best sponsors, but this is the first copy.” Fred explained, and I nodded.

“Eh, I probably shouldn’t miss the first day anyway. Lemme know when they’re available though.” I grinned, and George nodded.

“Of course.”

“Thanks. Oh, Hi Harry.” I greeted, and Harry walked over, sitting down next to me.

“Morning Lily. Fred, George.” Harry said, and Fred and George exchanged glances.

“So, we heard your little argument last night.” 

“Oh. That.” I grinned, and Fred nodded.

“What was it about? We only caught a few things.”