Music To My Ears.

MAKE SURE TO LISTEN TO THE SONG ON THE SIDE! It by far represents this chapter.. (:

---------------------------

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED

-----------------------

                   "Do you have any idea what time is it? It's ten o'clock. I was ready to shift and go find you! Do you know how worried I was?"

I groaned. It'd been five minutes since Dustin had dropped me off, and all Gage had been doing was bitching about how worried he was, or how he thought Dustin, or Decklin, had hurt me.

Even though I objected. Dustin couldn't hurt me. He was human. And I was a werewolf. Who do you really think could win the fight?

As for Decklin, well..I presumed he was human, too. He was, right?

"Gage, it's not that big of deal. I'm fine. See?" I did a twirl for him, showing I had no wounds, or anything.

He sighed and shook his head. He made his way to the couch, then plopped down. I followed and fell down onto the couch beside him.

He rolled his head on the cushion to look at me, "I know, I know. But what if something did happen to you? You could have at least called!"

I huffed. "With what phone, smart one?"

"Oh. We didn't get you a phone?"

"No."

Now it was Gage's turn to groan. "Well, you could have called from their land line."

"I don't even know your number!"

"Okay, maybe you have a point."

"Maybe?" I said, then reached over and smacked him in the arm. "You can't even admit that I'm right!"

"Ouch, woman! Why are you so violent?" He mumbled and rubbed his hand over the spot I had just whacked. "You're right. Whatever. But you have no clue how I felt. What if something would have happened?"

He looked so sincere. So vulnerable at that moment. He cared. Just by the look in his eyes, I could tell if I would have gotten hurt, it would have broke him up inside.

Somehow, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. And I can't believe I just thought that.

"But nothing did. So, stop freaking out." I gave him a small smile, then mumbled under my breath, "It's not like I stay up waiting for you when you go out with Ava."

Of course, due to his adnormal hearing, I knew he had heard it. 

I was surprised when he didn't come out defending her. He stayed silent for a moment. Before he opened his mouth, "Yeah."

I expected something more, like, 'It's different when it comes to me and Ava!' I could tell something was bugging him. And something told me it had to do with Gage and Ava. "What happened?"

I saw him stare at the ground for a moment, before he shrugged. "We broke up."

I blinked. "What?"

"We broke up." He repeated, but again I just stared at him dumbfounded.

"What?"

He laughed slightly at my shock, "We..broke..up. You know, when two people decide they don't want to be in a relationship with each other anymore. Or well, in this case, one person decided it."

A million questions surfaced right at that moment. Why? Who? How? Almost too many to form into complete questions. Had he done it for me?

No. Ava probably ended the relationship. But why would she?