Chapter 25

****HI! Imma make this short since I don't have much to say. This is almost the end of the book! I want to thank all of my readers and voters and every one who comments, I love you all. also I know this is hella late but I have finals now and thank god school is almost over. I plan to finish this book before the beginning of July so prepare yourselves for the ending. So you know the rule. COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW ME! You know it make meh happy. Enjoy!!****

No picture, sorry my children!

********************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

What?

"Red? That's impossible," I shook my head, my cheeks still felt slick with salty water. Rowan took my hand and clasped it firmly with his other.

"No it's not, Jasper was telling the truth. You are destined to lead," he smiled. I continued to look down sadly. "But I can't lead anyone; look at what I have brought upon those near me. My brother is dead. My pack is broken, and I have no clue how to be a leader."

"Did you or did you not sacrifice everything when you became a Warrior?" He demanded. I picked up my head, the tears stopped falling and I nodded. He went on, "Did you or did you not, defend you packmates with your life? Did you or did you not do everything in you power to put yourself second when you became the Gamma?"

Stepping back I wiped my cheeks and nodded. "Yes, I did."

"That's everything a leader must do. Aris, you have to wake up."

"Believe me; I want nothing more than to wake up from this nightmare." I scoffed. Rowan growled and it caught my attention immediately.

"No, wake up from the dream that you can't do this! Aris, you are an Alpha now, and for such a strong character, you need to put on your big girl pants and become a leader. Jasper wouldn't entrust the lives of everyone with anyone else. It has to be you and I suggest you stop wallowing in pity before Jasper regrets what he did for you!" Rowan yelled.

My emotions changed in a split second. In less than the time it takes to blink, I was half-shifted; fangs extended, claws poking out and eyes flaring red.

I leaped at him and slammed him into the ground, we rolled in the grass and I went at him with all I had. I pinned him to the ground and snarled in his face. Anger flooded my system and I saw red. Rowan was struggling to keep me from actually hurting him and threw me aside; I rolled onto my feet and dug my claws into the ground.

"How dare you?!" I roared, my feral growl filling with power. I sprinted at him again, this time, knocking him from his feet and onto his back. I was onto of him before he could me; I snapped my fangs at his throat and growled in his face. He calmly lay there in the grass and closed his eyes. Simmering down, I stepped off of him and backed away, pulling my wolf features back until I was fully human again.

"Don't ever say that! I will never break my promise! I will go back and I will be the Alpha those wolves need! I AM NOT WEAK!" I roared. Slowly, Rowan sat up; he got to his feet, and with smooth steps approached me. He took my face in his hands even while it still bore a scowl and rested our foreheads together with shocked me. What the fuck?

"That's my Aris," he whispered. Realizing what he had just done, a small smile graced my lips and I leaned into him. "You are such an ass."

"Yeah, but I'm a damn fine one." I snorted and punched his arm. "You wish."