Chapter Three

Harry groaned before sitting up. He didn't talk to get up, but then again, who does?

Its 4 am, Harry couldn't sleep. He got up and sat on the couch and grabbed the book he's currently reading, After Ever After.

Jeffery and Tad both have cancer, and Jeffery is afraid his might come back. He is slow at learning and a new law says that his 8th grade must take a standardized test. If Jeffery doesn't pass, then he can't graduate middle school.

Harry, of course, took just a few seconds to figure out the United States school system.

Tad is in a wheelchair and can't walk for long periods of time. Jeffery wants Tad to walk across the stage with him. So, Tad becomes Jeffery's math tutor, and Jeffery is Tad's coach.

Although, Tad is a narcissist, sarcastic person, Jeffery always stands by him. Even when he finds out Tad was lying to him.

Harry wants a friendship like that - minus the deadly disease - with someone. He wants someone to trust, and to depend on someone. He's always been alone since his mum had gotten sick. Ms. T. is nice company and all, but he wants someone his age. Obviously, that can't happen, because being smart is a sign that you need to be punished. He wishes he could have extra money, and go to the movies or something. Maybe a night out, and buy some Nando's? Maybe just go and get a new prescription of glasses. He has contacts - like you already know, but they're a hassle, and he can't go to school worrying about them.

Harry kept reading, about Tad, Jeffery, the walk out, Lindsey, the bike-a-thon, and Tad's death.

A knock at the door made Harry let out a small scream that could resemble a small girl's.

He opened the door to see the landlord.

"Oh hello, Mr. Carson, need anything this morning?"

"Oh, well, I thought you'd be heading off to school by now, I came by to see if you had rent."

Harry shook his head, "I paid in advance."

"Then I had to come and fix your AC and heater."

"I don't have enough for rent sir."

Mr. Carson cleared his throat, "Mr. Styles, I don't think I can let you live here if you can't pay your bills."

"But-"

"I'll be by later." Mr. Carson's figure retreated, and Harry sighed before shutting - slamming - the door.

He glances at the clock, 7:45

He has 15 minutes to get to school, that's 30 minutes away, and he's not even dressed.

                                                                              ~*~

Louis laughed with Stan as the teacher tried calming the students.

"Class please, be quiet! We have much to do today." Mrs. Kush said.

Stan nudged Louis, "The Nerd isn't here, what'd you do? Scare him away?"

Louis laughed light heartedly.

The door opened and Harry rushed in, Louis took in his appearance.

He had a beanie on and he had the tips of his hair poking out. He had his glasses on, and the uniform. He was panting and he was still carrying the books he brought to Louis' house yesterday.

"Harry? Why're you late?"

He almost answered truthfully, but he caught sight of all the kids staring at him. "My car broke down."