Chapter 13

Manik remained stuffed into the pillows until he heard the door click close. He slightly raised his head to verify that Nandini had left.

When he was sure Nandini was gone he stood up from the couch and placing his hands on his sides he wondered how possibly can he make her shut up about the embarrassing incident that had happened. She wasn't supposed to have such a quick shower.

A strong brunt scent made him focus on the burning bacon on the pan.

"Shit, not that too.", he ran to turn off the stove but to his utter disappointment the Bacon was burnt coal black.

"Now I have to stay hungry. Why can't I act maturish.", he grumbled dumping the wasted food in the trash can.

He slumped onto the kitchen counter. Firstly he had gotten himself in for a lifetime of mockery from Nandini, and secondly he had nothing but tasteless salad for breakfast.
Dejected he put a piece of the cabbage and grazes on it lazily.

Nandini was waiting for Ish in the parking space. She was seated in her car, when she spotted her little bundle of joy running in the direction of the car.

"Mommy!", he squealed as she cuddled into Nandini's lap wrapping his tiny sweaty hands around his mother.

"I missed you soooooo much.", he pulled on the 'o' placing a big fat kissy on Nandini.

"I missed my baby too."

Nandini tucked Ish on the passenger seat and tied the safety belts.

"How was your day honey", she asked softly removing the thick dark strands falling over his bright face.

Ish flashed his special smile where he showcase all his tooth buddies and went on rambling about how his teacher had praised him, and how he and his best friend Matty had shared the chocolate cupcake.

Nandini listened to him while driving through the busy lanes of Newyork city. When she cleared into the less stuffy lanes she faced her son.
Ish was then describing his gym class. He constantly used his hands, flipping them around all over to show the things and objects. The soft glint in his eyes and the smile on his tiny face lifted up Nandini's heart. The only lingering feeling in her heart was that of joy and love.

Tearing her gaze she focused back in the road. Hope he can sustain this happiness all through out.

Thinking of her son brought memories of Mannat. She had been pretty low about Manik. Nandini had decided to talk to Manik but his crazy lunatic acts have prevented them from having a sane grown up conversations.

While parking the car Nandini decided to send Manik to pick Mannat up. The two seriously needed to spent a whole lot of time together to bind back up. And maybe Mannat would love this changed version of Manik than the mature one she had been familiar with, just like it had happened with Nandini.

Nandini no wonder loved the caring responsible man she had fallen for, but somewhere that man was guarded reserved and a little less open. Though he had fairly been free and casual with Nandini showing her all the shades he was made of, but this unguarded, free spirit was dumped in the corner of his mind and even though this babyish  immature one irritates Nandini, she can never deny the fact that adorable and raw Manik was too hard not to love.

She just hoped Mannat also gets to acknowledge her father's new side.

As Nandini entered the apartment, Ish immediately freed himself from Nandini and hauled over Manik who was settled on the couch watching some useless matches.

"Hey buddy", Manik knocked his fist with Ish's small one as he hopped on his lap.

"Daddy I missed you in school." Ish spoke in a nagging tone while making his way up across Manik's body to reach his place over his daddy's shoulder.

"You did," Manik chuckled helping him climb over him.

"Yeshhh a lot", Ish shrieked when he finally reached his destination. He spread his arms over Manik's head as if he had just conquered his quest of Mt Everest.

"Well then I guess I need to enroll myself in your class so that my boy doesn't miss me anymore", Manik pulled Ish's legs making him fall back on his lap.

The room filled with the giggles and laughter as the two wrestled on the couch. The manly adult voice mixed with the boyish giggles producing the most beautiful music Nandini ever heard.

At that moment the time froze for her, as she captured the wonderful sight in front. The worries, the insincerity everything vanished. All she could watch was her two gems, happy safe and secure.

And in between their endless tickling and laughing Manik's dark brown eyes flickered to met Nandini's.

With that single gesture she was lost, the twinkling dark eyes reflected the same emotion she had seen before million times in him.

He looked at her with love.

See I am back so soon. Now start voting , commenting and hope you enjoy the update.

I want to thank all the readers and commenter and voters, for your amazing support and love. After long I had updated yesterday and seeing so many 'miss you' comments made my smile like a Cheshire cat. Gosh you guys make me so happy. I just wanted to thank you guys for the never ending love you have been showering to me and this story.

I will try to update real soon.

Till then happy reading.