Chapter 25- Taken

She began to sense she was being followed.

Her sudden apprehension was obvious in the way she stiffened, paused and looked around her just like a wary little kitten. He followed, perversely enjoying the thrill of the chase, quickening his strides, intent on his pursuit of her.

He slipped into position behind her.

                                     ~~~~~~~

She sagged against him.  Holding her weight, he loosens his hard grip around her waist and enjoys the feel of her soft body.  The fruity smell of her hair, the delicate perfume emitting from the sides of her neck was intoxicating and it was the most refreshing scent he had ever come across. 

A loud exhale of relief passed his lips, closing his eyes. Had he not seen her run passed the doors exiting towards the parking lot, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to catch her amongst the stampede of men and woman. 

He did not know if it were something, someone or it was just a sixth sense, a gut instinct, a sign, a message delivered to him calling to keep going and search. It directed his body as if knowing where to go without having to think, luring him towards her.

Stefan lowered his head and whispered against her ear. "Relax, it's only me."

Lessening the pressure against her muffled mouth, he listened to her ragged breaths as a little whimper escapes her lips.

Camelia tenses then collapsed against him in relief. The sharp prickle of his unshaven beard made her want to press back against him even more. Grabbing his hand and pushing it away from her face, she took gulps of much needed air thanking her lucky stars it was only Kent. He nearly made her heart stop.

She should have noticed the smell of his cologne now that she laid her head against his hard chest. Shifting her head into the crook of his neck she inhaled deeply in relief. He kept his arm wrapped around her waist as he kissed the top of her head tenderly.

Camelia turned in his arms and jumped, wrapping her legs around his waist and circling her slim arms behind his neck. Kent was so surprised, he staggered back a few steps to catch his ground. She hid her face in the crook of his neck and hugged him like her life depended on it.

He stiffened for a moment, feeling the caress of her warm breath against his skin but he quickly relaxed and wrapped both strong arms around her back and crushed her against his chest.

"Thank you." She said simply. Although the words were muffled against his neck, Stefan heard her well and smiled.

He turned around, pressed her back gently against the concrete wall, molding his himself against her. His hands gripped her backside and tightened securing her against the wall, lifting her twined thighs around him.

Camelia felt breathless at the hands intimately touching her and the hard warmth of him between her thighs.

He kissed the tip of her nose.

Gone was her hatred, gone was her fear, gone was her anger, the only thing she felt at the moment was safe. His arms were her security, her refuge, her safe haven as his touch gave her a sense of peace. Where he was, nothing could harm her. No man or woman would be able to hurt her.