3 : Clarity

Don't speak as I try to leave 'cause we both know what we'll choose
If you pull then I'll push too deep and I'll fall right back to you

3 : Clarity (edited)

The next morning when Catherine woke up, a flash of last night's memory hit her and her mouth tugged up to a smile. She got up from bed and showered before changing to her uniform while humming to herself.

"You seem happy this morning." Lily grinned with a raised eyebrow directed at Catherine as she ran a brush through her hair.

Catherine put her hair up in a braided crown as Alice came over to help out. Muttering a quick thanks to her, Catherine just shrugged at Lily. "Why not? It's a beautiful day."

Marlene snorted from the bed as she put her foot in her shoe. "I reckon she's up to a prank again with the Prewetts."

Catherine grinned. "Oh, you know me so well, Marlene. But actually, today's different."

"And why's that?"

For a split moment, Lily got scared upon seeing the mischievous glint in Catherine's eyes. She sighed. "Cathy, did you ask a third year boy to sneak you some treacle fudge and lollies again?"

The four girls now made their way out of the dorm and out of the Fat Lady painting. "Oh, no, Lils. This one is much better. But I do admit I enjoyed those sweets." Catherine was practically skipping her way to the Great Hall, more than ready for what awaits her — candy from Sirius. She knew so because late last night, he had knocked on their door and called her down to the Common Room. With a smile so wide, Sirius had told her to come down for breakfast with an empty stomach to fit in all the candy he was to buy. That night as Catherine slept soundly, Sirius begged James to let him borrow his invisibility cloak so he could sneak out to Honeydukes.

She barged in the Great Hall with a beaming face, making her way to the portion of the table that was covered and overflowing in sweets. Sirius was there, grinning smugly at her with crossed arms. "Good morning, Cat."

She sat down across of him, her three best friends eyeing the candies with dropped jaws. "Lovely morning, Black. I believe you earned yourself a spot in candidacy."

He threw a fist in the air victoriously.

Remus snorted next to him with a smile playing on his lips. "I can't believe it," he snickered as Catherine immediately fed herself some fudge. "You actually got her to consider you as a best friend."

Sirius laughed, slinging an arm arrogantly over Remus's shoulder. "Of course, Moony. I'm Sirius fuckin' Black."

Catherine didn't even bother to roll her eyes at that statement as she sifted through Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans.

"Good morning to you lot!"

Catherine glanced up curiously to see James looking as dashing as ever, his hair stylishly unkempt. She was suddenly nervous, seeing as how James was climbing on top of the table to get everyone's attention.

"Prongs, are you bloody mental?" Remus chided, attempting to pull the boy back down.

James ignored the Marauders' attempts as he suddenly pointed at Catherine who froze. "I'd just like to make an announcement that Catherine Valentine over here," he turned to give her a smirk, "is my girlfriend. So if anything happens to her —that's you, Snivellus and Malfoy — they answer to me."