9 : I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor

Stop making the eyes at me,
I'll stop making my eyes at you.
What it is that surprises me is that I don't really want you to

9 : I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor (edited)

Catherine's face lit up as though things had finally became interesting. She sat up straighter in her seat, ready for Snape's wrath to her and his usual bumbling, silently-cursing-and-swearing self in front of the Marauders who taunted him relentlessly.

As Snape stalked over to the Gryffindor table, James cried out in faux surprise, "Oh, my, would you look at that? We're going to be late for class." He stood up, his lips twitching to hide his sneaky smile as he snagged Catherine's boxes and tucked it under one arm. With his other hand, he latched it around Catherine's wrist and tugged her up.

Snape was speeding towards them now, his hair bouncing and trouncing with every step he took as Lucius Malfoy watched him with a dropped jaw. Malfoy leaned over to Peggy Parkinson, the girl who was obsessed with Malfoy despite the fact that he was dating Narcissa Black. "Why the bloody hell does he have better hair than I do?" Malfoy fingered a lock of his long, pale blonde hair with his nose scrunched in distaste.

Peggy beamed at the fact that she was spoken to as her brother rolled his eyes at Peggy's attitude. Catherine thought of how the two Parkinson siblings despised each other and how their actual loathing contrasted with her and her brother — Catherine would have her usual sibling quarrels and bickering with him, but they were still family at the end of the day.

Catherine's eyes flashed to the breakfast food on the table. "No — wait — food!"

Lily, being the good friend she was, tossed her a bread roll as Sirius carried the plate Catherine had filled with egg whites she got from James and added some bacon to it. James began dragging her away as Sirius, Remus, and Peter followed after.

"Oi, Creevey!" Sirius cried out obnoxiously at the third year Muggle boy who snapped photos dedicatedly with his brand new camera. "Bet you'd like a picture of Snivellus in the common room."

Snape halted on his feet, his eyes darting around at the students who were laughing at him. Embarrassed, he attempted to shield his luscious hair with his hands and spun on his heel as he ran out of the Great Hall.

Catherine would've felt sorry for him, but she still thought that she'd never forgive him for what he did to Lily after everything the redhead had done to befriend him. She was soon dragged outside and to the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Here." Sirius sat on the couch across her and slid the plate over to Catherine.

"But," she protested lightly although her forking a bacon into her mouth said otherwise, "won't we be late to class?"

Peter checked his watch. "Don't worry, Cathy, we still have enough time."

"Thanks," she said after swallowing and turning to James. "Potter."

James, who was talking to Remus about probably going home on Christmas break, dropped his gaze to Catherine. "Yes, Queen?"

She cut off the limp, fatty part of the bacon and pushed it aside as she nodded at the box which was James's present. "Thank you for the fudge."

"No problem, Valentine," he said, eyes dropping to the piece she separated. "Are you gonna eat that?"

She shook her head. "No, I only like crispy bacon." She handed her fork to James who used it to eat the piece she didn't want.