Chapter Ten: Promises

"I'm still mad at you, don't you forget that," I elbowed Adrian in the gut. He feigned pain, such a drama queen. We took the bags inside, Adrian turned on the lights and the lounge lit up warmly. I drag my suitcase through the lounge following Adrian into our room.

The room actually looked a great deal like Adrian's room back home, there was a wooden bed, a flat screen TV pinned to the wall and a little walk out door that led to a pool. Yes, I'll be seeing you tomorrow baby.

"I think I'm going to hop in for a quick shower," I told Adrian, he nodded setting up his laptop and files on the tea table. Again with the laptop. Why didn't he just marry his laptop? I rolled my eyes, walking through the bathroom door.

I pulled out my hair dryer after a quick shower, combing the blonde strands straight. Adrian was right where I left him.

"I want to see the beach," I told Adrian who was draped over his laptop, shoulders tense. He needed to realize that he was not the only one running the company. There are hundred other people working there, including his very capable brother and father, he could just take a break.

"Go ahead, just follow the path we came from," he said, uninterested, like always.

"Well okay, I guess I'll just go alone and get rapped by a drunk loser then." I pulled on my orange poncho to straighten it out a bit. Adrian looked away from the laptop, a small grin made it's way across his face.

"You're not getting raped, it's completely safe," he said, containing his laughter, of course the topic of my safety was terribly funny to him.

I raised an eyebrow at him, looking out the terrace, it did look quiet and peaceful. Then again, there is silence before the storm. I need to stop being such a pessimist.

"I'm going to shower as well, you'll be alright?" He asked, getting up from the chair turning his laptop off.

"You're actually turning the poor thing off? Wow, I thought you were going to never let it go."  I smiled at him sarcastically. Adrian just rolled his eyes at me, nudging me a little before closing the bathroom door behind him.

"Now which way did we come in," I asked myself making my way towards the lounge, there was a large mirror right at the entrance with mosaic tiles surrounding it. I wondered when I would be able to wear this outfit, it had been too long since I'd been anywhere near the beach. The poncho had a low round neck and came till my thighs, it fitted me loosely, too comfortable to be true.

I skipped out into the garage, trying to pin point the direction we arrived from. I walked straight to a paved path and kept on walking straight admiring the starry night. I hymned to myself as I continued my little journey, I was beginning to see a few trees and bushes.

Uh oh.

I didn't remember seeing any bushes on our way in. Bella, you're screwed. After staring at nothing particularly for about two minutes, I decided to not panic and just go back the way I came in from. Yes, of course, how difficult could it be. Apparently, extremely difficult. I tried to identify the path that I initially took from home but everything looked the same.

I didn't even have a phone. Hands on my hips, I was contemplating my options when I heard the sound of footsteps behind me. I turned around with the speed of lightening, I met with darkness. I breathed out loudly, trying to calm my nerves. I'm imagining things, it's just in my head.

I turned around again, walking another set of footsteps. I heard it again, the sound of someone walking.

"Hello?" I said loudly, this is all Adrian's fault. Always his fault, I told him it could be dangerous, but no he is just betting on someone cutting me open and throwing me in the ocean.