Forty-Two: Perfectly Calm...

Sydney

I was hurt and angry. I was more than angry and hurt. I was trying to hold back the wolf inside me who was trying to leap out of me and tear her to shreds.

Was it wrong, really wrong, to smile at the thought of Jasmine tripping and tumbling down the stairs, breaking a few of the bones in her body?

I don't think so. My wolf smirked at the thought alongside me.

To my dismay, she skipped down the stairs agilely, and unharmed when she reached the bottom, Jasmine rushed to Jay's side. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Leave." Jay demanded his eyes glowing from anger.

My wolf was leaping in joy form the way Jay chided at her, but I fought to keep my face neutral.

Jasmine pouted, "But J-"

"He said get off him and get the fuck out of his house you little bitch!"

I turned to see it was Mat who had said that shockingly. Mat wasn't ever one to usually lose his cool, let alone at a girl.

Jasmine's head snapped to Mat, "Was I asking you, you little wannabee? No, I wasn't, so go screw your little blonde bitch over there." Jasmine jerked her head towards me.

What the?

Growls were raised all over the room.

"Do not demean our Luciana." Mat snarled at her.

"Well nobody even wants her here! Ever since she got here all she's caused is trouble! I mean, you guys haven't been to school in over a week and that means tons of the girls haven't got dates for prom! The girls and I have been dodging all the other wannabees from asking us out all week! I mean come on! I have a reputation to uphold and so do you guys! People are going to get cozy with the way things are and forget their place."

Holy mother of glory. She's really concerned with freaking prom?!

Before I even realized what I was doing I was holding her by her neck as she dangled in the air.

I don't know if I've ever moved that fast.

Her hands flew to my wrist to keep herself from chocking.

"Here a war's about to rage and you are concerned about prom!?"

"You're just u-upset that you c-can't get Jay as your p-prom date. And h-how do we know you're not j-just m-making t-this war a b-bigger thing t-then necessary."

My grip tightened. "You honestly think I would make up such a thing because I can't get a prom date?"

"N-no. Y-you're upset b-because y-you can't have him like I c-can and do."

I lost it.

All I could think was killing the black-haired whore. Throwing her into the closest wall she screamed out in pain. I was on her in a flash and noticed at some point my nails had elongated.

"Sydney!" I was pulled from off the girl and crushed into someone's wide stretch of chest.

"Star, calm down. I am all yours. I don't love her. I don't care about her, Sydney."

"You are mine!" My wolf stated almost completely taking over my body.

"Come on Star, you will regret it once you come back to. You're not a killer Sydney, even if you hate her with every being in your body."

I looked up into Jay's eyes with tears wailing in my eyes.

"What did I do? Did I do something wrong? I-I know that I might not be as adept to all of this as her but-"