Chapter 35

I wish I never woke up.

That was the first thought that crossed my mind when I opened my eyes in the dark. The sun hadn't even risen and the birds were already chirping. If I hadn't known what day it was, I would've been the happiest girl on earth because right now I was in Blake's strong comforting arms.

I stayed still for a moment, relishing in the feeling of his warm body and the sound of him breathing soundly. No sound had ever been so soothing and I wanted to stay there forever. I wanted to fall back asleep and open my eyes just for the sake of seeing Blake's face.

But all of that was far from happening anytime soon.

Today, I was meeting Nicholas.

I slowly pulled Blake's arm off my waist and made a move to slide off the bed but a hand suddenly shot out to grip my wrist.

"Where are you going?" Blake's sleep-ridden voice groaned huskily and I froze.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "I-I'm going to the bathroom." I hated lying to him but I was forced to.

He nodded, grunting, "Come back quickly."

A smile tugged at my lips as he lolled back to sleep. I leaned down to place a soft kiss on his cheek and whispered, "I will."

And with that, I closed the door behind me, the last thing I saw was the Blake's contented smile as he fell back to sleep. As soon as the click of the door resounded, I shot to my room. Mia was still sleeping when I finished taking my bath. I tugged on black jeans and a light grey jacket before slinging a small backpack over my shoulder. 

I knelt down beside the bed to plant a kiss on Mia's forehead. Her blonde hair curling up around her head and her thumb stuck in her mouth. I laughed quietly, brushing a strand of golden hair away and standing up. Just when I was about to go down the stairs, a thought struck me.

What if it's the last time I see them?

My heart skipped a beat and I shook my head. I couldn't leave without saying goodbye. I opened Blake's bedroom door and rummaged around for a pen. I finally found a drawer with a ball-pen but along with it were two knives and a small gun. 

I shrugged, picking up the sharpest dagger and sliding it carefully into my belt before tugging over my sweater to hide it. Maybe I would need that.

I sighed and quickly scribbled over.

Hey...I just wanted to say that I love you, Mia and you'll always be my favorite little sister. Don't ever forget that. Oh, and don't worry about me, I'll be back...but just in case...you have to know that I'll always love you, okay? Okay.

Oh and tell Blake that I took his knife with me...in case he thinks that someone stole him or something.

And...Blake?

I'm sorry I never got the chance to say that I love you.

====

It was freezing cold and I was fifteen minutes earlier.

I parked my motorcycle at the parking lot before looking around. The mall was still closed and the only people that were hanging around were the workers, dragging in boxes and carts. I glanced at my watch again- 14 minutes earlier and counting.

I sighed, rubbed my fingers together and headed for the ice-cream parlor as it was not only the meeting place but it was also the only shop that was open. Surprisingly, warm air hit my face when I pushed the door open. Isn't an ice-cream parlor supposed to be cold or is it just the ice-cream?