o n e

FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE FOREVER IMPORTANT.

For an intuitive thinker, its the basis for any decision and the utter most vital thing in life. Even if you aren't a fan of first impressions, you cannot help it. You can't really prevent it either. Because its an almost instantaneous, subconscious feeling.

And its usually completely right.

The air was icily cold on my first day of school at Gray Valley. Almost every street had a statue of a wolf. Neither of it made a good first impression.

I stepped onto the overcrowded high school bus and quickly slipped into one of the only empty seats, before I had to make awkward conversation with someone.

"Get out of my seat, little girl," a voice snarled. I found a bronze-skinned girl glaring at me, rage clear on her face. "You're in my seat," she repeated, placing her hands on her hips. I muttered an apology under my breath and moved across the aisle.

"You made a good decision," the boy sitting next to me commented. "I doubt anyone gets away with messing with my little sister."

Panic filled me, as I looked to my left and met a face that scarily resembled the girl's. I jumped up and tried to leave the seat but couldn't. The boy had clasped his hand around my wrist with incredible strength.

"Oh, no you don't," he smirked. "You're not going anywhere, brunette." He lowered his voice and leant over to whisper in my ear. "You're not going anywhere until you regret crossing paths with my sister, more than anything you've ever done."

I shook away his hand with all my force and was astonished that his hold actually faltered. Breaking away from his iron grip, I raced to the front of the bus, only to collide into someone else.

"Hey, watch where your going!"

Not good. I hadn't even reached my new school, and I had already clashed with three people. I fought back the tears that formed in my eyes and I locked my gaze with a pair of agonisingly familiar silvery-gray eyes.

"B-by Luna, I-I'm so s-sorry," I choked out.

Both of us continued to stare at each other, mere milliseconds apart from one another. My breathing became shallow, as he reached forward and caught the tear that fell down my cheek.

The bus lurched wildly, breaking our trance and making us collide a second time. I stumbled forward from loss of balance, but his arms shot out at lightning speed and effortlessly caught me.

"You okay?" he breathed. I nodded slightly, muted from the pressure of his hand on my back. He seemed to notice it as well, because he immediately pulled away his arm and swallowed, hard.

"I'm Liam."

"Weslyn," I replied softly. "And I'm okay."

"Weslyn," he murmured, burying his hand in his hair. It was almost surreal; the colour of his hair. It was basically ash-brown but tinted with an identical shade of silver present in his eyes. "Weslyn Grayson."

It took me an entire minute to realise that he had said my last name.

"It's you. It's actually you."

"How do you-" I began.

"You don't know," he said with disbelief. "How could you not know?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

He momentarily froze, then shook his head.

"Oh, yeah," he exhaled. "D-don't worry. I must have came across as creepy, eh?" He spotted an empty seat on the left. "You should sit down."

"For the love of Luna, who were they?" I shuddered, sinking into the seat. "The boy and girl?"

"Two twin siblings who aren't the best company," he registered my confused expression and sighed. "Bryan and Bryanna Mitchell."