Chapter IX

Edited

Today's the Finals for their football match—Anderson High versus Columbia State High. Actually, my mom was planning on enrolling me there but I told her that it sounds more like a prestigious school than a public school name. So, she ended up enrolling me here at Anderson High.

I met some amazing friends here and I don't regret being a part of this community.

The students are already getting ready for their banners, especially Cayden's fan club. Those girls were preparing for more than 2 weeks just to create a huge banner of Cayden's name and his face on it which is hand painted. They really have outdone themselves.

While Amelia and I are looking for a good spot to sit and watch the game, I bought some popcorn first and some soda for the both of us to drink. After I was done buying, I found two empty seats three rows down near the field. Which I think is a pretty bad view since I wouldn't be able to see how the other team scores and how our school is going to perform.

My ass was itching to sit down so I told Amelia to just sit there, we had no choice, plus the place was almost packed since the other school also came to watch.

The football game was about to start in 5 minutes and I cannot wait so I munched on the popcorn that I bought before I die from boredom. I slapped Amelia's hand when I saw it reaching for the popcorn I bought, "Hey! What did I do?" Amelia asks as she caresses the back of her hand.

"Get your own popcorn!"

"Geez! Sorry, hobo," My head snapped from her comment, giving her an icy glare. "Sorry. I'll be right back and get some popcorn," she emphasized the word popcorn as I roll my eyes and placed a bag on her seat to save it.

I'm such a good friend, I uttered to myself. I directed my attention to the field and saw the marching band from our school approaching the field with their xylophones, trumpets, drums and their batons. I was never a fan of seeing a marching band perform, maybe it's because the sound of the loud bang from the drums irritates my ear.

Once they were done playing, Amelia arrives back, holding a popcorn and a corn dog on her hand. I looked at the corn dog and she looked at me, "don't even think about it," she said as I rolled my eyes at her response.

"What did I miss, though?" She asked.

"The marching band performed and my ears are begging to go deaf, but the girls with their batons did some amazing tricks," I said and Amelia nodded her head quietly while eating her corn dog.

I look back at the very bottom of the field and saw the cheerleaders approaching the field next to get on with their cheering. Those girls with their tiny skirt, crop tops and pom-poms makes me want to look away. I don't know why cheerleading includes wearing tiny skirts and crop tops, does it always have to be like that?

When the music started playing, they started dancing and doing some flips. They are pretty good though but one thing I realized is that they are all skinny and there was no overweighted person in the field. I'm starting to think that cheerleading is a body shaming group.

"Now, let us welcome Columbia State High School and its amazing football players!" The announcer said and the guys with their blue suits on started running towards the field, screaming and bumping each other's chest. The Columbia State high schoolers clapped their hands and started cheering for them.

"Now, let us welcome Anderson High School and its wonderful and powerful football players!" The announcer said once again. The cheerleaders started cheering for them once again while some started screaming when they saw Cayden approach the field. I even heard someone screams "I love you Cayden!" and "That's my boo right there!".