Sequel

I'd like to thank everyone who took time out of their lives to read this story. It means a lot to me and I probably wouldn't be the author I am today.

I can't believe that after a year and a half, I have finished this story. (I'm freaking out on the inside, by the way lol)

I will be editing this story, ex: filling in plot holes, fixing grammar, spelling, etc.

Also, I may add additional information to chapters, to make the story make more sense. Before reading the sequel, you might want to check to see if anything was changed.

Speaking of the sequel, I have decided to release the first two chapters on June 26.

**The Sleep Curse: Daughter of the Olympians #2 occurs roughly 25 years after A Pawn for Time. It is set after the giant war, around the time of Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle**

Here's a preview of The Sleep Curse: Daughter of the Olympians #2:

•Apollo's Point of View•

I blamed my nostalgia for the poisonous koalas.

I should probably start from the beginning. We were sitting at the campfire, enjoying the misty air of late winter. Leo was experimenting with the huge bonfire.

"Hold on! If you thought that was cool, you'll love this!" Leo exclaimed. The campers and I waited for the fireball's next trick.

Leo lifted his arms and the curls of fire bent as his command. They parted and moved, creating the image of a galloping horse.

The campers oohed and ahhed at Leo's fire bending skills. Leo bowed dramatically, and sat down next to Calypso.

I scoffed at the performance, and stared at the fire. The vivid flames rose and fell with the campers' spirit. As it began to lower and turn to a light violet, Austin came up and grabbed his guitar.

"Let's sing a song!" Will said, followed by many cheers. Everyone sat up on their seats, except for Nico.

I scooted towards Nico as Austin and Will began to sing the song, 9 Monsters.

"Why don't you get up and join in? Will would be happy if you sung along," I said to the son of Hades.

He twisted the skull ring on his finger and shrugged. "I have a doctor's note."

I rolled my eyes at Nico's funny, but childish accusation. I moved back to my spot by Kayla and Miranda.

Kayla tapped her foot to the beat of the song and hummed. Miranda tried her best to sing along, but kept failing miserably.

"I give up!" Miranda said, throwing her hands up. Kayla laughed.

"Well, if you would listen, maybe you would get it," Kayla said. Miranda wrinkled her nose in response.

I had to look away after Miranda's action. Waves of sadness and guilt enveloped my senses, as it reminded me of someone I didn't want to think about.

How can you mortals stand it? The guilt and pain knowing that every negative thing you do affects someone else's short life.

The way Miranda wrinkled her nose, reminded me of my daughter, whom I haven't seen in 25 years. Now, you may think that 25 years are nothing for a god, but this certain daughter of mine was mortal like me (at the moment).

If she was still aging as mortals do, she would be in her mid-forties. If not, she might be dead. I shivered at the thought.

I shook my head and rejoined society. Will and Austin finished off the song with a classic break. Everyone clapped.

I stood up and held my stomach. I swallowed as I walked away from the amphitheater.

"Hey, wait up!" Someone shouted from behind me. I turned and saw that it was Leo.

"What's your deal? One second you're enjoying everything, the next you look like you're gonna puke," Leo asked with a humor in his eyes.

I appreciated his concern, but I really wasn't in the mood to be around the other campers. Some of which where her siblings. My stomach plummeted even further.

"Ah, it's nothing. I need to clear my head," I replied, still clutching my stomach. It's funny how some thoughts can make you feel like you've been mega-punched in the gut.

"Okay, man. Whatever you say. I'm gonna head back before Calypso goes all search and rescue on me."

Leo waved and jogged back to the amphitheater. I sighed and made my way to the Me cabin.

I sulked as I laid on my bed. Thinking of her made a huge dampen on my night. She reminded me of all the things I loved that went toxic.

Why dwell on the past when you could be making a better future? Rhea's voice echoed in my head. I groaned. She was not making this any better.

Maybe if I could see her again I wouldn't be so moody, I thought to myself.