Chapter 51

I had taken Michael to the hospital, and he ended up getting a cast. He rolled his eyes as we walked back the the car.

"Let me drive" I said.

"No, I'm fine" he replied.

"No Michael, let me drive."

He huffed but climbed into the passenger seat anyways. I understand why he's acting so stubborn, but I hate when he takes it out on me when all I'm doing is trying to help him out.

"We still need to sort this whole thing out" I said, starting the car up and pulling out of the parking space.

"Sort what out?" He asked.

"Everything. The whole Calum situation."

"I don't give a fuck about Calum" Michael snapped. "And I don't wanna see him either. There's no way in hell I'm letting you see him, I hope you know that."

"I just wanna talk to him" I replied, concentrating on the road.

"There's nothing to talk about. The whole situation is over. He's lucky enough I'm not back at his apartment beating the shit out of him..."

"I just wanna know why he did this" I said.

"Isn't it obvious? To get into your pants."

"There could be much more to it than just that" I replied.

"Why do you even wanna know why?" Michael asked, frustration and annoyance clear in his voice.

"Because it just seems like he wouldn't do something like this unless it actually meant something to him."

"Whatever. Just don't talk to him" he said. "I mean it."

"Okay, okay" I replied.

The rest of the car ride was fairly silent, but my thoughts were everywhere. We arrived back at the cabin soon and went inside, him laying on the bed. I sat next to him, running my fingers through his hair, pushing it out of his face. I didn't realize how fast the time flew by, but it was already about 10 at night.

Michael looked at me sleepily, his eyes threatening to close. I chuckled and kissed him on the nose.

"I still feel like a failure" Michael mumbled in a tired voice.

"You aren't a failure, okay?" I said.

"I got my ass kicked" Michael replied, raising an eyebrow.

"You're always a winner to me" I replied, smiling.

Michael caught me off guard by letting a laugh escape him, and it was a beautiful sound. I laughed with him.

"We're the cheesiest, weirdest fucking couple in the entire world" Michael said.

"I couldn't agree more."

"We're both 23, but it feels like we're still 18" he added, smiling and shaking his head. "Crazy."

"It is," I said. "Get some sleep." I kissed him on his head and he grabbed my hand, slowly bringing it to his lips. He rubbed his thumb over it a few times before drifting off to sleep.

I sighed and decided on going to Calum's apartment. I know it's horrible for me to do since I told Michael I wouldn't, but I need some answers.

I threw on one of Michael's hoodies and a beanie, walking outside.

I remembered where Calum's apartment was, so I simply just walked. When I got there, which was sooner than I thought I would, I knocked on the door; nervous out of my mind. I heard shuffling and then footsteps. Calum swung the door open, his eyebrows knitting together when he saw me.

"Why are you here?" He asked, walking back into his apartment and leaving the door open. I guess he wants me to come in.

I stepped in awkwardly and closed the door behind me, shoving my hands into my pockets.

"Why did you do it?" I asked. I looked up at him and he was kicking at the ground, avoiding eye contact with me.

"I just..did" he mumbled under his breath.

"But why?" I said. He sighed and looked at me.

"Sit."

We both sat down on the couch. He turned to face me.

"It's a long story."

"I have time" I replied.

"Okay..well, I ran into Michael on the streets, which I completely didn't expect to happen. But when I did, my mind went to you, and I figured you and Michael would still be together..so that's when I thought the whole thing up and put it into action. Why would I do this? Because of you. I know it's dumb, but you're all I ever think about. It was selfish, and it was horrible. I feel like the worst person in the entire world. Around you, I try to act tough like nothing bothers me, but every time you come around with Michael, I just lose my mind and my sense of thinking. It's just these feelings that I have for you..and..I guess I'm just trying to say I'm in love with you."