Happens All The Time

heyyy you guys!! i made a writing tips book since a lot of y'all were dming me asking for some. if you're wanting to start a book & don't know where to begin, maybe check it out?

ALSO OMG LOOK HOW CLOSE WE ARE TO 1M??? IM CHOKING mYSELF??

***

You watch him closely as his body hovered over yours on the silky, smooth bedsheets-- his dark, round eyes slowly widening and averting from yours, jaw dropping in what could only be pure horror.

You had felt it, too. The sudden shift in the textured moment, unmistakeable for a split second. He pulls away from you silently, his curious hands that were resting on your waist returning to his sides as his shock soon turned to disappointment.

You recover from the heated moment as quickly as you could, pulling the duvet up to your neck and sinking your teeth into your lower lip. You could see his mouth was still agape as he turned away from you, embarrassed and downhearted where he was once eager.

You clear your throat, reaching out to him. "Shawn.."

He scoffs, pushing you away without meaning to as he rises to his feet quickly, retrieving his light grey Calvin Kleins from where they were left on the floor and pulling them back over himself.

"Shawn, don't get upset.." you beg him, your arm outstretched over his side of the bed. "It's not a big deal, I promise."

"Not a big deal, right, uh-huh," he nervously laughs, shaking his head and still refusing to meet your eyes. "Not. A. Big. Deal."

"Shawn, I'm serious," you nod quickly, spitting out anything to make him feel better. "This kind of thing occurs to a lot of guys--"

"Yes," he eases onto the very far edge of the bed, leaning over and covering his mouth with his hands. "Yes, it happens to guys who can't. But I can do-- I mean, Y/N, you know that I c-can, I just... "

"It's okay," you assure him, scooting across the bed and placing your hands on his firm shoulders before sliding them around and landing on his chest, the minimal hairs there fuzzy against your palms. He didn't push you off, he just sat completely still, unmoving, feeling many things at once.

"Shawn," you whisper softly into his ear, "I promise you that it is okay. It happens all the time. It's alright, baby, you're fine."

"It does not," he mumbles quietly, pouting like a little kid. "It does not happen all the time."

"It happens a lot, I'm positive."

"Y/N, I can."

You giggle lightly as you cup his chin and force him to face you, his tired eyes blinking repeatedly. You were surprised to see this rather sensitive, touchy side of him, and it was honestly quite adorable.

"Hey," you plant a brief kiss on his rosy cheek, then another on his glossy, thin lips. "I still love you, cuddlebug."

"Stop," he whines, a smile playing on his lips. "Quit feeling bad for me."

"I'm not," you cross your heart, before pulling him closer against your bare chest and squeezing his body against yours. "I know you can."

You crawl back to your space on the bed, your head gently resting on the pillow as you pull him down beside you by his arm. His eyebrows were still furrowed as he lays down on his side, turning to face you with his same petulant expression.

He calms down a bit, pulling the covers to cover both of your bodies and placing his fingers on the side of your head, gently stroking your hair while he breathes through his nose sulkily.

"Y/N," he sighs, his eyes refusing to believe what he was about to say. "I feel like a huge chuck of my manhood was just taken from me."

"Shut up," you breathe in response, scooching closer still and draping one arm over his hip. "You're still a man. Just go to sleep."

"I am not still a man," he whispers bitterly. "I am a shell. I am a ghost. I am hollow."

"Shhhh, baby," you keep your eyes closed. "It is o--" you raise your hand slightly and bring it back down with minimal force on his hip, twice with each syllable-- "kay."

Finally, just as you felt yourself beginning to drift off, accepting that Shawn had finally let it go and was begin get to get some rest-- you faintly hear him whisper, "I am hollow."

***

ok a lot of y'all were confused so

in this imagine shawn got what is called an erectile dysfunction (google that on your own time). as it turns out, most guys are very, VERY sensitive about this subject.