It was a matter of time before I found out

Once again, I woke up in a hospital bed. This time Lana was by my side. I opened my eyes and who did I see? The same girl that told me she would leave me alone if someone showed they cared. She was still in my messed up head. She just stood there and stared at me with an evil smile. I sat up in a shot and screamed at her, making Lana jump out of the deep sleep she was in.

'Go away! Why are you still here? Why are you doing this to me?' I shouted at her. 

I didn't cry but I was hitting my head with both of my palms. My wounds were so deep, but I didn't hesitate with pain at all. I was just concentrated on the girl that wouldn't leave me alone. 

'Christie, what are you doing?!' Lana shouted at me as she grabbed my hands and held them to stop me hitting myself. 

I looked at her for a couple of seconds with heavy breathing and her eyes were so worried. I instantly calmed down when she held me. I just broke down in tears. I didn't want to be the way I was. I was so done with it. I was so confused too. I didn't know if I wanted to die or get better. The only reason I was in hospital this time was to prove to that nasty bitch that I did have people who cared about me. 

'Christie, I'm sorry but you can't go on like this. You need real help from people who can look after you all the time' Lana said as she put her arm around me.

'W-what'd you mean? I'm not going in a crazy home am I?' I said, worried.

She hesitated for a second.

'N-no, of course not sweetheart. Don't be silly' she said.

If I wasn't so... confused about my life and my head, I would of known she was lying, but I was so oblivious to pretty much everything that was going on around me. 

....

Night came around, and if you know what it's like in hospital at night, you'd understand that you get little to no sleep. My mum and dad went home and Lana slept in the chair next to me. So many thoughts were in my head. I saw her. That crazy bitch outside my door staring at me with a smile. She turned around and started walking down the corridor.

'Oh, you're not getting away this time' I whispered to myself.

I ripped the drip that was implanted in my vein and it started gushing blood, but I took no notice of it. I sneaked up and tip-toed across the floor not to wake Lana again. She must have been so tired bless her. I saw her walking further into the darkness of the corridor so I followed her. She led me into a room where she was sat in a chair. 

'You have to start talking. Why are you still haunting me?' I said. I knew she wasn't real, but she was so realistic in my head that she looked like a normal person, somehow convincing me that she was real and it wasn't all just in my head. 

'Oh girl, I was never going to leave you. My job is to bring you here. To the other side where you can be happy. It's what I do you see, I trick people. I tell them I will leave them alone if they hurt themselves and someone shows they care, but the truth is, I never leave you. I'm going to be with you until the day you die. Be it due to suicide or natural causes' she said slyly. 

'No, no, no, no' I screamed at the top of my lungs. 'You can't! I want to get better. You can't do this to me' I said as I shook uncontrollably. 'Go away, just go away!' I said as I closed my eyes. When I opened them, she was gone. I started crying. A lot.

I could hear shoes running down the corridor and I just felt arms wrap around me. I knew who it was. I don't even need to tell you do I? You know who it is. It was Lana. As soon as I felt her arms around me, I started crying even more. I collapsed into her. She couldn't hold me up as I could even hold myself up. I was so weak with pain and grief. 

....

I woke up again in my bed with nurses around me putting in a new drip. I looked around and my parents or Lana weren't in the room. I saw them outside my room talking. They looked serious. Really serious. I didn't know what they were talking about, but I knew it was bad. It was just a matter of time before I found out.