12~Heat

I groaned in pain. I removed my extra layers of clothing and laid in the snow in just my undergarments. The scorching heat would leave no burns on my body, just on the inside. The heat would fuel my desire and lust, causing me to try to mate with my Mate. Once we mated it would go away gradually. But that would not happen, so I was left alone in my misery. I squirmed in pain when another wave of fire raced through my body.

   I was on fire, but the world was frozen in cold. My wolf begged the sky for her mate, howling inside my head. In return the sky stopped snowing. All the snow was melting around my body. I fought against the pain and made my way to the packhouse. The witch was waiting by the door with an amused expression. "The Moon Goddess created you with too much fire, and fire does not like to be withheld." she spoke.

   I moaned in pain and breathed out raggedly. "Titus. Where is he?"

   "Out pouting in his little guest room." she answered nonchalantly.

   I growled through the haze of pain. "He is a good wolf. To good for both of us. Do not hurt him, witch." I snarled to Katerina.

   She laid a hand on my shoulder, "You worry about your mate, and I'll worry about mine." Her cool hand caused the pain to recede slightly.

   Suddenly, Astrid walked in. "Oh look," she snorted. "The slut's in heat. With no mate in sight. How sad." she mocked. She tightened her blonde ponytail and strutted to the couch. 

   "I'm the slut, not you." I grimaced when she sat on Titus' beta's lap. "It's my job to whore around, know your place, Astrid." I growled.

   She slung her arm around him, "It's only whoring when you do it. I'm just socializing." she grinned.

   I scoffed and winced as another wave of pain claimed my body. I stumbled to Titus' bedroom and pushed his door down. He quickly closed the laptop he was using and turned around. Titus inhaled deeply and growled, his pupils dilating. "You smell like hormones and chocolate. Get the fuck out." he said. 

   I huffed, "Well, thanks." I stepped out of his broken door and slammed right into my mate's chest. I felt the pain vanish as soon as his steady hand reached out. I whimpered and instinctively leaned into the source of my comfort. He carried me to a random room and gently sat me down on the bed. "You're in heat." he growled, pulling me onto his lap. 

   I squirmed and wrapped my legs around his waist. The fire was slowly inching its way back, desperate for something more. I lightly brushed my lips against his and moaned in surprise when he deepened the kiss. I gasped into his gentle kiss and bucked my hips against his body. He pushed me down onto the bed and held my arms over my head. Vincenzo grinned and bit softly on my lower lip. 

   I moved away from his mouth and trailed kisses down his neck, slowly moving towards his chest. "Seduttrice." he groaned. "You drive me crazy, Piccolo Lupo." 

   I grinned and laid next to him, tracing his six-pack. He inhaled softly and kissed my forehead. "How much longer will your heat be?"

   "I think two weeks."

   He went rigid and wrapped his arms around me, shaking. "In two weeks, on the night of the next full moon, don't come out of your room, okay?" he feverishly kissed me. "Non so quello che siamo, ma so che è necessario per essere sicuri."

   I hummed in reply, "What is that?"

   He laughed, "Italian."

   "Mm, can you speak English instead." I looked up at him through my eyelashes, "But I have to admit, when you speak Italian your accent makes me wet." I smirked at him and cuddled into his chest. 

   "I might take you right here on this random bed if you keep talking like that."

   I climbed on top of him and gently licked his muscled abdomen. He groaned and stared at me with dark eyes. I gently trailed kisses down to the waistband of his boxers, teasing the area. He moaned when I kissed his manhood, separated only by his jeans and boxers. He kissed my forehead, "Not yet, little wolf. Not yet."

I pouted and closed my eyes, falling asleep as Vincenzo stroked my hair.

~

   It was no surprise to me when I woke up to an empty bed. I wasn't sure why it hurt so much. Boys never stayed. Titus found his mate, Axel found his, and the one I actually wanted got some girl knocked up. I got dressed and went downstairs to eat. 

   The normally friendless Piper was giggling with girls that had claimed to be my friends. I used my accelerated hearing to listen to their conversation. 

   Piper laughed, "Yup, the baby is going to be a month along in two weeks, but since his dad is an alpha," she smirked. "The baby will be born in two months. Last night, I called Vincenzo because the doctor said he had found out the baby's gender, but we wanted a surprise. For a human, the baby would still be a fetus but for werewolves it's by weeks to months."

   I heard a girl giggle slyly, "I know he's the enemy alpha and all, and he's a prisoner, but isn't it sooooo romantic that he is giving his freedom for Pipe."

   Piper scoffed, "He loves me and I love him. Plus, he gives great oral." she added shyly.

    I turned away and piled pancakes on my plate. The pain had gone for now, satisfied slightly with last night.  But he had left me for Piper and that was how it would be with everyone. I would never be first priority, not to anyone.

A/N: Vincenzo doesn't love Araceli. He wants her on a primal level and the heat just makes him lust for her even more.