Surprise Guest {49}

Finn obviously didn't get the hint since he kept asking me questions, "Where are you?"

"I'm out. I really need to go. I will call you later"

"I haven't heard from you all day and all I get is I'll call you later. Ouch I'm hurt"

"Stop being such a baby" I could feel his curious gaze turning into a glare so I decided to cut the call short, "I'm going to hang up now. Bye" I hung up up the phone and slid it into my purse.

"Who was that?" he said as I walked to him

"No one. It's nothing." I quickly tried to change the topic, "How are you feeling?"

"Was that Connor?"

"No"

He gritted his teeth at my answer and growled out, "Is he your boyfriend"

"Ian no. Stop" I said pulling my arms around him to hug him.

He mumbled something against my neck and he nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck. It tickled a little and I smiled against his chest as butterflies floated in my stomach.

He drifted off to sleep after I gave him his medicine and I cleaned up our meal. His phone was vibrating on the couch and the caller ID showed it was Valentina.

It was hard to forget about our problems when she was a constant reminder of what I could have. A relationship. My mood dropped tremendously.

It was almost nine and I had to leave. We may have fun but at the end of the day he always goes back to her.

I quietly padded away from him since I didn't want him to wake up. As I picked up my bag my hip bumped into the kitchen counter and the bang echoed against the pans. I froze in place as I saw Ian shift around on the couch.

With my shoes in hand I tiptoed towards the door. I quickly slipped my heels on and turned open the door handle.

Before I could make it out he woke up, "Delilah?"

Maybe if I stop moving he will go back to sleep. Unfortunately it didn't work as I heard the couch creaking. Before I could even move he had his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I have to go" I said moving away from him

He seemed confused, "Already?"

"Yes" I said looking away. "It's late and It's getting dark"

"I thought you said you weren't going to leave me?"

He was right. I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye, "I don't want to drive in the dark"

He looked shocked but then he said, "Stay a little longer and I will drive you home"

"Ian. No. You are too sick to even drive. This was fun but I need to leave. Do you want me to come here tomorrow morning?"

He sighed and wrapped his arms around me, "Yeah. I would like that" he whispered against my lips.

His head dipped lower and he kissed me. He lightly grabbed my neck to tilt my head up and his mouth worked against mine. I moved my lips with his in synch and pulled away before it got too heated.

I stumbled out the door and I stepped into the elevator. I looked up at him through the elevator doors and his eyes were intently staring at me. The doors closed shut and I released a breath. Oh Ian McKinley I thought with a smile.

I had a big smile on my face all through my drive home. When I unlocked the doors I saw Jason in the kitchen.

"Hey!" he shouted