Hit Me Like A Wrecking Ball

We walked in and surprisingly no one was staring at us. Duh Averey no one knows you guys are a thing. I am his personal assistant so why would they give us a second thought. We were riding up the elevator and a thought came to mind.

"Austin."

"Yeah?"

"Promise me that when we are at work we keep our relationship strictly professional." He looked at me like he was confused.

"May I ask why?"

"Because I don't want people to know about us. I want to keep this relationship private. Privacy is very important to me."

"It's okay I admire that you want privacy in your life." He smiled down at me and pecked me on the lips. I frowned at him.

"Just one before we start the day." The elevators opened and we went our separate ways to our offices.

******

It was mid day and Austin didn't treat me like his girlfriend whatsoever all day and I'm sorta happy about that. In fact he has being very distant towards me. I pushed that thought aside and got back to work. My office phone rang.

"Hello Mr. Carter's assistant, Averey speaking."

"Hi Averey. This is a very close friend of Mr. Carter's so can you please put me through I would like to speak to him." This wasn't a guy's voice that's for sure but a female's voice. Who is this 'close friend' of Austin's?

"Can I ask for a name please?"

"Alison. Alison Christey." This name doesn't ring a bell.

"Okay can you hold on for a one moment please. Thank you." I immediately called Austin.

"Hey there is a Alison Christey on the line. She says she's a close friend?" Emphasis on the close. There was a slight pause.

"Alison."

"Uh yeah do you want me to transfer the call?"

"Uh...yeah yeah." He said distracted. Well that was weird. I transferred the call.

After hanging up the phone I was curious as to know who this girl is. My mind was going off with possibilities. Maybe a family friend? Maybe a school friend? Or maybe she was an...ex-girlfriend? I hope not. My stomach dropped because that was my best guess.

He wouldn't of answered if he knew it was an ex. Would he?

I think I'm going to be sick. I needed water and air. I went to the lunchroom and got a waterbottle from the fridge and went straight to the elevator. I arrived in the lobby and went towards the entrance. I walked out and stood outside the office just drinking my water and admiring the lunch rush to keep me calm.

You know what Averey you are over thinking this way too much. So it's just a girl who happens to be a friend you have a guy who happens to be friend too. But my friend is gay and I am pretty sure this Alison chick isn't gay. The way he said her name when I mentioned it probably hurt me the most. He said it like she was the most important thing on the planet. He's never said my name like that before.

You are over thinking this.

I looked up and saw a car pull up front. The driver opened the door for a very attractive blonde, and I mean very attractive. She was dressed in a very tight mini black dress and her hair was flowing in the wind. She looked like she belonged on the cover of a fashion magazine. Wow. She's gorgeous.

She walked in the doors of the office and it struck me like a wrecking ball.

She is Alison Christey.