41. Answers.

(Song for the chapter - Professional by the weeknd)

"You said you liked storms, so I let you in

Turns out you could only handle a little rain

And I'm a hurricane."

-Anonymous

______________________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~Alexis' POV ~~~~~~~~~~

"Alexis,"

The voice woke me up from my slumber and my whole body became alarmed.

Was it Damien again? Didn't he tell me he would leave me alone from now on just last night?

"Alexis, wake up,"

Oh it was Emma.

When my tired eyes met hers, she sighed in relief, "I know you must be feeling down right now, but this is really important. Go shower, there's someone here to meet you."

She turned to the maids, ordering them to assist me and make sure my wound remains untouched.

Sitting up, I asked her," Who wants to see me?"

A small part of me was afraid that it might be Damien. I didn't want to go anywhere near him.

"Trust me, you'll know soon enough. Now come on."

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

A Guest bedroom,

Crystalline Castle.

**

I stared at the middle aged woman in front of me, wondering if I've seen her before. As she stood up from the love seat, I noticed her odd attire. She was wearing a peach colored gown with tiny beads decorating the borders. With her hair pinned back in a bun, she looked like a person who lived a simple and sober life. But there was just something about her that screamed power.

I noticed her two followers standing behind her as well.

"Hello, my dear. The name's Melinda."

I gasped. Melinda.

She's the person my life depended on. Damien was waiting for her arrival from the human world before he decided to kill me. I recalled him telling me she's one of the oldest witches alive, also like a mother to him. She's the one who saved him from Katrina and other vampires' torture.

She was finally here. But I was still debating if that's a good or bad thing.

"I- I'm -"

"Alexis Smith, reincarnation of Aaliyah Knight. I know, dear."

Rein- What? Wait... I've heard that name before, or read it. Then it clicked, the painting in the locked room. That was the name of the Queen who looked exactly like me.

Did she know the secrets behind that picture?

"I'm sorry for being late, Alexis. I just got caught up on some important issues in the human world. If I had known Damien has found his mate, I would have came back sooner. Now, I know you must have a lot of questions. We have a lot to discuss, why don't you have a seat first? I can see you're unwell."

Did she just say I'm... Damien's mate?

Feeling a little dizzy, I sat down on the chair the maid placed before me.