Chapter X

Thank you so much @Larry_Stylinson109 for sending me this wonderful cover! 

Edited

"Cayden," I said. He lifted his head up and met my eyes for more than just a second then, he looked back down at the guy he just punched.

"What the fuck, Cayden? I thought we were friends!" He said as he wipes the blood on his nose, trying to stand from the floor.

"You should've thought about that first before you laid your hands on a girl like her," Cayden said. I spare him a glance but he didn't give one back. The guy on the floor snickers and rolls his eyes at Cayden's response.

"Yeah, I actually would."

"Oh?" The guy said as he stood up from the floor, trying to balance his weight, "As far as I know, you're the type of person who fucks around, like literally fuck girls and fucks up in general," The guy added.

"James! You're drunk, just leave the party!" I hear Logan. He walked towards the scene and helped James leave the house but he wouldn't let Logan do that to him.

"Wait wait, hold on!" James, the guy's name was, which turns out to be Cayden's douche bag of a friend says, "Has Cayden got a taste of you already? Because if that so, I would really want to get a taste of what he has tasted."

Cayden throws another punch out of nowhere, making me startled by what he just did. James was knocked off, laying on the floor without consciousness. I look at Cayden and he just walked out of the scene. Thanks, I mumbled to myself.

"Hailey! There you are, I was looking everywhere for you! Did you know that there was a fight—" Amelia stops talking when she witnessed where I was standing from, seeing me getting a live view of the match. "You were here all along? Damn it, you are so lucky to witness the fight."

I roll my eyes as I tugged Amelia's shirt and we went to the corner of the kitchen, "What is it? Did something happen?" She asks as I took a deep breath and exhaled it afterward.

"I just got harassed!" I hissed.

"What?!" Amelia says in total shock, "Who did it? Who was the guy? I'll kill him—"

"It's okay. Cayden already took care of it," I said.

"C-Cayden?" She asked and I nodded my head, "You are so lucky! God!" Amelia says as she shakes my shoulders and I slapped her hand.

"Stop that," I said. "Hey, can we go home though? I'm starting to get dizzy for no reason, earlier I was fine but now, I don't know what is happening—" I stopped in mid-sentence when I suddenly lost my consciousness, again.

I woke up as soon as the sirens from the ambulance was turned off. They started pulling the stretcher down the ambulance and started pushing me towards the Emergency Room.

I look to my side and saw Amelia rushing together with the nurses and doctors, they stopped and a nurse asked Amelia what has happened, "She collapsed for no reason. I think someone drugged her drink at a party," Amelia said. Amelia looks down and her eyes widened when she saw me awake.

"You're awake!" She said.

The nurses and doctors looked at me as if I was about to get buried six feet underground, my phobia. "Are you feeling alright, darling?" A black nurse asked me as I tried nodding my head.

"That's a sign of relief. We'll just run some test to make sure that you are really okay," She said and I nodded my head again without uttering any word. She started walking off and the nurses started pushing me towards a room, placed me to a bed and adjusted it. Another nurse grabbed the curtains and divided the room for some privacy.