Ch. 5 - The team from Kumogakure

'' You know that I'm going to do my part of the promise, '' Kurenai said, rolling her eyes. '' You went through today without doing things like mud war. '' She shot an angry glare in my direction while I just innocently smiled. The mud war was awesome. Until Kiba accidentally threw mud in Kurenai's face. Then things became... scary.  

'' Or random cliff diving, '' Kurenai continued, looking at me again. Yesterday morning we stopped for lunch on a cliff that was next to a really deep lake. Did she really think that I was going to pass an opportunity like that for cliff diving.  

'' Or running from bears. '' Kurenai finished, shooting another glare in my direction. For this one I had to admit that it was one of my ideas gone wrong. Yesterday they warned us at the village we passed that the forest we'll walk through next was full of bears. But still, I thought that no one will notice if I will steal their honey. My bad.  

'' Because you went through the whole day without causing any troubles you can pick a present from this shop and I'll pay. Then we'll go find a hotel and a place where we could eat dinner. Tomorrow morning we have another hour of walking and then we'll reach the Village by the Noritan mountain and meat up with the other team, okay? ''  

Kiba and I didn't even listen to half of what she said because we already ran in to the shop that was next to us. It was pretty awesome for being in a little village because the owner actually had everything, from puppets, to candy, to flowers. Everything you named, he had it. 

I began walking through the shelves and looking around at the piles of stuff and boxes with curiosity. At first I wasn't sure how I was going to chose something between all this awesome stuff and Kurenai of course had to say that she was hungry and that we had only five minutes to pick a present.  

Hinata quickly chose some kind of pretty necklace in the shape of a star, blushing because I knew that she hoped Naruto will notice it and think it's pretty. Then she almost fainted when the owner, an older man said that it was supposed to bring you luck in love.  

Kiba picked out some kind of new jacket with a hood that actually looked pretty cool on him. He tried it on and grinned. '' I have to look good for the ladies. ''  

'' What ladies? '' Shino seriously asked, making me burst in to laughter.  

Kiba stared in my direction, looking offended. '' Not you too, Chi-chan! ''  

I bit my lower lip to stop laughing. '' Sorry, sorry, Kiba-kun. You know that I think that you're the absolutely hottest dude around. ''  

That made his face turn red and stare at me in a weird way but I just ignored it and looked at Shino. '' What are you going to choose? ''  

He held up a small, very accurate model of a bug.  

I thoughtfully nodded. '' I expected something like that. ''  

'' What about you, Chiharu? '' Kurenai asked me and crossed her bandaged arms. '' I already told you that you have only five minutes to pick something or you're going to stay without a present. ''  

I rolled my eyes. '' Yeah, I know, we have to leave quickly because you're hungry. ''  

'' Chose something, '' Kurenai said, narrowing her eyes.  

I nodded and turned around, searching through a box on the ground. '' I'll have a... '' Everyone stared at me with wide eyes, wondering what I was going to chose. I pulled an item from the box, held it to my heart, spun around and then raised it in the air, with a huge grin on my face. '' Grappling hook! ''  

Everyone stared at me with disbelief.  

'' Is she your student? '' the owner of the shop asked.