Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Valentines Day

Tomorrow is valentines day and Marco plans on taking me out on a date. My mom is offering to baby sit the twins, thought I feel bad. Katie and Andy are going out also, so I want my parents to have a day to themselves. Ms. Ramirez and John are also going. We might end up taking the twins with us.

"Do you think Nadia could watch them?" Marco asked as we walked to the cafeteria with our friends.

"I could call her and see."

"I'll baby sit the twins." Kassia suddenly said. "Scott and I broke up so that leaves me free. I'd love to baby sit them."

"Are you sure? I don't want to inconvenience you."

"I'd gladly baby sit them."

"Okay. I'll bring them to your house after school tomorrow."

"Perfect."

The day was soon over and we went home. Katie was watching TV when we walked in the door.

"Hi Katie." I greeted.

"Hey. It's so boring without everyone here. But the twins keep my busy."

"Yeah, they do that. But I'm going to be sad seeing you leave. Only three days left."

"Unfortunately. But Andy wants me to visit more often so I might come back. Maybe right before or after school ends."

"That's great."

Marco and I began our homework. Marco complained, but did it anyway. He sighed and pushed his books away.

"Do we have to do this?"

"We have to keep our grades up. Right now you have all B's and that's saying something for you."

"You keep forcing me to do my homework."

"And that's good."

"How about you do it, and I won't."

He was about to get up, but I quickly grabbed his arm to stop him. He groaned and sat back down.

"You're staying here until your homework is finished." I told him.

"Perfect." He said sarcastically.

After we finished our homework, we went downstairs. The twins were asleep on the floor, and Andy and Katie were sitting on the couch talking.

"Why didn't you tell us they fell asleep?" I asked, putting a blanket over Jason and Bella.

"I figured they were okay."
"They are, but it's more comfortable being in a bed."

Marco and I sat on the couch next to Andy and Katie. Marco put an arm around my shoulder.

"So what are you two doing for valentines day?" Marco asked Andy and Katie.

"We're just hanging out. One last time before I leave." Katie said with a smile. "What about you?"

"Dinner and then whatever she wants to do."

"Awww." I said, giving him a light kiss.

The front door opened and Ms. Ramirez walked into the door. She hung up her coat and quickly came over to us.

"Marco, Andy, can I talk to you for a minute? It's very important."

"Okay." They both said.

They got up and they walked into the dining room. I looked at Katie and she shrugged.