Chapter 28: Resurrection

When the next day came, Grant opened his eyes to the sun rays that shone brightly through the curtains of the hotel room. He moaned slightly and stretched on the bed when suddenly, he jolted up from the bed staring widely at his side.

Empty.

Her side of the bed was empty.

At that time, Grant realised that Alexandra had left him all alone in the hotel room in Paris.

Does this means that it is time?

He sighed sadly, running his hands through his ruffled hair as he zoned his eyes outside the window that overlooked the Eiffel Tower.

***

Two days.

It had been two days since she left Paris for London. That meant it had been two days since she left Grant all alone in Paris when she decided to make the next move in her life. It was time for her to act on it.

This was what she wanted.

And this was what her heart, body and mind wanted.

That morning, she had woken up early at dawn. Grant's soft snores still lingered in her ears and how she missed them so very much even if it was only two days since she last saw him.

Deciding on leaving him alone in the hotel room, Alexandra finally braved her heart out and left the hotel room with a heavy heart. This was what she needed. As much as it was hurting and aching for her to do so, eventually she needed to get up and face her demons from the past.

For the past few days, Alexandra had been thinking all about her past and present. Everything was taken into context and nothing was left out. She too had reached out to her recently hired private investigator and had sent him on the run to get her some important informations.

Those days were so crucial. She cried herself to sleep thinking of all the possibilities that were bound to happen in her life. Of what were the outcomes if she decided to move on with her choice in her life. However, one thing she was sure of was that she knew that this was the right thing to do and she was happy with the choices she made so far.

After two days, her investigator managed to gather up quite the information she needed to find out who she really was and what was really happening in her past and present life.

Glancing at the address in the paper, Alexandra looked away from the paper and onto the signboard hanged just above the entrance of the building.

DC Mechanics & Car Wash

Letting out a big breath of sigh, Alexandra zipped up her grey hoodie and walked towards the old rusty building. The sounds of machines operating could be heard clearly from where she was standing at the moment.

As she stepped foot into the building, her hand quickly shot up to the rusty metal door and gave it a few knocks. The sound echoed throughout the hollow building and just like that, all the machinery stopped working when a shirtless man all in his muscular form approached her.

The shock on his face did not go unnoticed by Alexandra. She had noticed it and she was confident that he knew who she really was. A moment later, she was proven right when the first word that came out of the man's mouth was her name.