Chapter 14

Head throbbing, phone beeping; Jungkook was not a happy camper. He had his buzzing device tucked deep into his pocket, set on vibrate, but that, of course, didn't block it out completely. He was looking at the ground, hoping that would help his headache somehow, but it only seemed to become worse and worse as the day went on. He'd been worried about Jimin all day-- of course. Of course. Why would he not be? Jimin was so much to him. So much. And of course he trusted Seokjin, of course he knew Seokjin would find some sort of answer, but Jungkook couldn't guarantee that the answer would bring Jimin back-- and he was still so worried, it was driving him mad.

For a while, Jungkook wondered why he cared so much. He hadn't known Jimin for long. Jimin wasn't even real. He was just something Seokjin had created-- and that still confused Jungkook. Why would Seokjin make something for him? But he also remembered that he'd kind of maybe fallen in love with Jimin, or at least liked being in a relationship with him-- liked kissing him on the lips and liked waking up next to him. Jungkook was still so confused about everything. He swore he was in love, but he didn't know what being in love was, or what it felt like. Was it supposed to feel so obvious? Was it supposed to be more subtle? Was it supposed to happen so quickly-- with something that wasn't even human? (But he acted so human--)

Jungkook lay his head down on the library table, letting out a long, long sigh. He was spending his lunch in the library for "research," but he really just wanted to sit at one of the little round tables and think for a little while, reflect. He was happy with Jimin. None of these thoughts ever ran through his mind when he was with Jimin. He didn't have to question it when he had the robot around; everything was so natural with Metal Heart.

Jungkook decided he really, really, really needed Jimin back. He rather be blissfully, obliviously in love or happy or whatever it was than be sitting here, all alone, thinking about what everything meant and remembering how fucking cold Jimin was when he died.

Jungkook only had one more class after lunch. It was probably the longest class of his life, but it was worth it; the feeling he got when he was finally able to grab his bag and run out of the class-- the feeling of relief and going to see Seokjin again, was really worth it. He knew he should wait; he should find Taehyung and tell him everything was okay. He had no doubt Taehyung had been texting him all day long, had no doubt he was worried about Jungkook not being at lunch, but he could wait another couple minutes-- right? He could wait until Jungkook was with Seokjin. He was in class, anyway-- for five more minutes. Yes, yes, he could wait.

"Jin-hyung?" Jungkook called at Seokjin's door, a habit when he knocked. It took Seokjin a minute to get to the door, something Jungkook understood when a sweet smell hit him and music filled his ears; Seokjin must be cooking. The man seemed happy to see him, immediately pulling Jungkook inside and asking him how his day was. Jungkook felt better already, standing next to Jin. Jimin might still be dead, and Seokjin still might not know what was wrong, but Jungkook felt better.

Maybe he just really needed Seokjin.

"I just started making lunch. Taehyung texted me all worried earlier because you weren't at lunch. I promised I would make you eat." Seokjin said. Oh! Jungkook thought, because he'd completely forgotten about Taehyung-- texting him back, at least. He pulled out his phone as he followed Seokjin to the kitchen, as Seokjin handed him an already-made plate and told him to sit. Jungkook decided to take a picture of Seokjin when he sat down-- proof to Taehyung that he was okay. I'm with Jin-hyung the text said. Jungkook thought Seokjin looked really good in that picture.

"Jimin's okay." Seokjin said, and Jungkook looked up from his phone, eager. He heard a buzz of a reply from Taehyung, but he didn't let himself pay attention to it, rather focusing in on Seokjin's words, "I figured out what was wrong with him, anyway. It's his heart-- I'm not exactly sure why it stopped, but it did. I think it might have had something to do with the cold. I just have to fix his heart, is all."