»26. Love Maze «

Dakota's P.O.V.

I felt as though cement had been plastered to the base of my shoes, hindering me stuck in a stand-still, unable to fathom what Ian had said to us. He didn't stay long after that revelation, swinging his back pack on to his shoulder and rushing to the glass doors.

"I don't believe that little weasel," Ronnie said, returning me into reality and not wandering in my thoughts. "I bet he's going around campus, telling people that lie."

"How do you know it's a lie?"

Ronnie coiled her hand around my arm. "Everything we know about that guy leads to an undeniable truth that he's evil. He, despite being Silvia's friend, went behind her back and exposed her secrets about the issues she was having at home. He doesn't have good intentions regarding Silvia." He hold on me loosened, scoffing in disbelief. "I can't believe you'd take his word over Silvia's. I believe her. Not some jackass who has ever desire to make Silvia to look bad."

"I didn't say I believed him over Silvia," I clarified, shaking her off of me. "I don't know where he was coming from to say that, though."

"From his delusional imagination. That's where." She retorted. "I don't see how one little thing from that known jackass can alter how you see Silvia. You really are something else."

"Don't put words into my mouth. I said I didn't I took his word over my girlfriend's."

"Hmm, wouldn't go as far as to call her your girlfriend," she muttered.

I put my hand up against her locker, block her off. "This isn't your relationship. So, frankly, I don't give a fuck if what you think my standing with Silvia is or not. That's not up to you."

She squinted at me. "Slow your roll, cowboy. I believe you've forgotten that I'm her best friend. Change the way you're talking to me or this conversation will be over faster than you know it."

I gave way to Ronnie, moving into the hallway and out of her path. "Go on then. I've been finished with this talk for a long time now."

She studied me for a moment, lifting up the corner of her mouth while scoffing. "I don't get what she's sees in you at all. You manage to get worse with every passing day."

"You're a charm to be around, too."

I didn't care what Ronnie had said. None of it had true gravity to me, controlling my actions. She said to give Silvia her space. I didn't listen to her advice, not for a second, and went to the student parking lot with ever intent to set the record straight between Silvia and I.

Silvia's P.O.V.

It sounds shameful to admit, but I lost count.

I lost count of how much time I slept. I was keeping tabs, up until the second day. I slept a lot, leaving my room only to use the bathroom. The sun was halfway in the sky, shimmering in the afternoon, by the time I got enough energy to make myself a meal. I plopped two whole grain slices of bread into the toaster. Going to the fridge, I brought out the butter and the jam inside the pantry. I was home alone. The twins were at practice, Evelyn was held up at a yoga class for mom's to be, and I had waved goodbye to my brother Lenard the other day. I was content with the silence.

My grandmother stopped by yesterday, carrying in her famous salted caramel cookies and brewed a fresh kettle of tea. I was certain my father was the cause, knowing that he had a bad job in doing the parenting himself. We talked all day, planning out my Spring Break. I could see she was doing just about anything to lift my spirit, so I let her get excited over details about swimming in the rivieras of Italy and skipping off to shopping.