90.

"Master Ani, where is Miss (Y/N)?" C-3PO asked the moment Anakin entered the ship.

"She's gone." Anakin said, moving his feet quickly to the pilot chair.

"Well, surely we can find her somewhere else. Maybe we're on the wrong part of the planet.-" 3PO said, but Anakin couldn't deal with it now.

Anakin really did think that he could bring her home. Anakin believed he could always save her. But he couldn't, and is so much wiser because of it.

"No, 3PO! We're at the right place. She was here, but (Y/N)'s gone. And she's not coming back! And there's nothing any of us can do about it!" Anakin squeezed the back of the copilot chair with his mechanical hand, "(Y/N) is dead. She's not here, she never will be." He broke the chair.

He heard the sounds of whimpers from the back and it brought him back to reality before he destroyed the ship. There were still two children who needed him. He never thought his destiny would turn out this way, but it has.

"We have to go." Anakin said, more to himself than the silent droids behind him.

He sat in his pilot chair, without a co-pilot now, for obvious reasons. He lifted the ship off the ground and left the atmosphere as fast as possible. He would never go back there, not ever.

R2 asked him where the coordinates to be set for hyperspace were. Anakin didn't know. He tried his best to connect with Senator Organa, that was the only guy he could really trust connecting to at that time.

"Skywalker." The Senator greeted the young Jedi, "Where is (Y/N)?"

Anakins face fell in defeat as he had to tell the man: "She wouldn't come back with me. I thought that I could but-"

"She's always been a stubborn young woman." The Senator gulped, nodding in understanding. "I'm on my way to Alderaan now with Master Yoda and Kenobi. Meet me at my cruiser to return my ship and we can plan your next move. I'm sending you our coordinates now."

"Were Master Yoda and Master Kenobi successful in killing the Chancellor?" He asked quickly before Senator Organa could hang up.

"I'm afraid the new Emperor will live to see another day, for now." Organa said, then the connection was broken and Anakin began to set up for hyperspace.

Anakin arrived as quickly as possible, keeping his shield up. He landed the ship he borrowed in the landing bay. He waited patiently for a sign if it were safe to come out. It wasn't long until the familiar face of Bail Organa entered the landing bay and motioned to Anakin from below to come out as he ordered all of the crew to leave.

"It's good to see you again." Bail said.

"I just wish I wasn't coming back alone." Anakin replied, his head dropping in defeat of his failure.

"Come on, Master Yoda and Kenobi are waiting for you." Senator Organa said, "I'll have a caretaker droid be sent into your ship to take care of your children." Then putting a hand to the young man's shoulder, the Senator lead him to a conference room down the hall.

Inside the pale room sat Obi-Wan and Yoda. Obi-Wan sat up immediately at their entrance. Anakin stood there in the door way, tall and uncomfortable. How could it get to this? How could it have gotten to only 3 known Jedi left in the entire galaxy?

At first no words were spoken as the three exchanged knowing looks. That they all had failed. That all three of them failed to do the one thing they swore never to let happen. That the darkness of the universe reigned now, and the light had lost due to arrogance and ignorance.