Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Well, it wasn't like I wanted him to take the news lightly, hearing the news that your main source of income was running out of money and on the verge of a shutdown was never going to make anyone happy.

All those things aside I did need to tell him the situation of the company, it was going to shut down soon if we didn't do something soon enough.

"Oh god...I don't understand." Josh groans and rubs his face with his hands.

"Josh I know this is rough, but it is the fact. I needed to tell someone in charge about this dangerous situation that might risk the company's future."

I sip my strawberry milkshake cautiously, keeping an eye on how Josh was taking in all this new information. For now, he wasn't anywhere comfortable, he hadn't touched a slice of pizza or sipped his soda.

"Okay, that's it then......We aren't having this party. We are not going to be wasting one more dollar that our company has earned, I'll start downsizing the company if I have to."

"Hey hey.....calm down. I am not a financial officer for nothing, we need to give your father the party he wants and we can't go around firing people because we have problems."

He grabs my hands across the table, pulling me closer. He looks helplessly into my eyes, I knew that he felt powerless at this moment.

"What do we do Anna......what will we be able to do?"

I pull back and give off a smirk to him, "I have a plan."

"Okay, I like that. But that smile of yours's says that it might be something bad." He grins at me curiously.

"Maybe, but it can only take place if we have the party."

He leans in "You have my attention. Go on"

This was going to be so much fun.

"As you know our company has recently been running on losses, everything is going haywire. But what we didn't realise till recently was the reason behind all these losses, thankfully for all our research team we did and the answer was quite simple."

"What was it?"

"The newest entry in our market, The Sterlings."

"What? That's bullshit, our company has been around for so long why would a new entry in the market cause so much trouble for us?"

"It's not the company that's the trouble, it's the co-owner. The most amazing tactician and strategist I have come across in a very long time, Vesa Sterling. As the only daughter of Benoit Sterling the owner of 'The Sterlings', she turned to the business at a very young age and her not only did she help set up the business but also she brought the company up to the fourth position in just two years."

"Well, she sounds amazing, truly remarkable. But what good is it?"

He was getting clearly bored of this conversation, not being able to find the clear solution to this problem.

"Well, I did make a small change in the guest list." My voice fading a little.

"Oh yeah, what did you do add her name? Hahahhaha." He chuckles

I just stared at him, waiting for his bulb to switch on. Fortunately, he caught on just in time.

"What.....No Anna. No, you let Vesa Sterling into our party. There ain't no way in hell, am I going to let that viper into our party."

He puts his fist down, "Give me the list, I'm going to change it. Now"

"Listen, I already sent it. Don't kill me for it."