War camp

The window I've been leaning my head on has gotten hotter the further we go into the desert, to the point where I've had to pull my head away so it doesn't burn my ghostly pale skin.

I've learned every ones names for the second time, and every ones pretty much split up into two groups. Mitch and Jerome who are in fact a couple started a little friend group with Preston, Rob, and Lachlan, and their mostly chatting to each other and no one else.

Then there's JJs group, which includes me and Tobi since we kinda knew each other before hand, and Harry, Ethan, and Josh.

And then theres Vikk.

Who made friends with almost everyone, which is surprising giving the fact he was told to kill himself just a few hours ago. He's happily chatting away to everyone, trying to get everyone on good terms, which is very different from the way he was acting after Ethan fired that shot at him. He had kinda backed up for a bit, but once he starts talking again I swear you can't stop him.

Some ones talking about their family, and I can tell everyone is on the verge of tears even thinking about the people in our hometown, and I zone them out. I really don't want to think about it any more.

The train comes to a screeching holt, and the loud screeching sound causes everyone to go into a slight panick, not that I really blame them. I almost fell out of my seat and I'm near the window.

JJs fallen and made some stupid joke or something to lighten the dreadful mood from before hand, but I wasn't really paying attention. Outside looks hot as hell, in a desert-ish place with very little grass or any wild life. There are some small house like structures, and this huge obstacle course or something in the middle. This can't be the place.

But it is.

The door flings open, and it nearly misses Lachlan who lets out an ear-splitting screech as it slams just behind him. Its a funny sight, seeing someone like him screech, and there light laughter as his pale skin glows red.

We all head toward the exit, and were meet with two guards near the exit. They roughly grab the first person, who was Mitch, and drag him down the platform and onto the dirt, making him cry out in protest. They ignore him, and go on to the next person, who was Harry, but he swiftly moves out of their way.

"I can get down myself, thank you." He says confidently, and he leaps out of the train which was a good few feet of the ground and tumbles into the dirt. He stand up and brushes the dirt off his faded jeans and smirks at the guards who look shocked.

I take this time to join him, me and someone else jump down at the same time, followed by most everyone else. I fall to the ground with little to no grace, and I end up landing on the cracked dirt in an awkward way. I can see Harry laughing at my lanky mess in a heap on the ground, and I try to scramble to my feet.

"Heads up!"

I hear that just a few seconds to late, for a small body knocks into my back and sends me to face plant in the dirt. I can feel the other person quickly climb off of me, and I think the persons apologizing, but I can't be sure. The person knocked all the air out of me, and at the moment I'm just gasping for breath.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to....uh....jump on you? I'm sorry, here let me help you up." The person says, and I flip over to see who owns the voice.

Its Vikk. Of course it is. He gives me weary smile as he extends one of his hands out, which I accept. Only when I feel the warmth of his hand in mine and he pulls me off the ground do I realize how small he is. How small his hands are, and how they barely fit in mine.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his brown eyes filled with worry as he scans my face to try to see what I'm thinking.

Well my head fucking hurts, I think I scraped parts of the skin on my hands off, I feel like someone suffocating me and I can barely breathe, and the one pair of jeans I have are now ripped on the knees, but I'm not going to list it all to the worried boy in front of me.

Instead I grit my teeth, force a smile, and try to shove my hands in my pockets to distract myself from how much they burn.

"I'm fine." I mange to get out, but at the moment I'm still out of breath from the wind being taken from my lungs, and I doubt it came out like that. He looks me over, and starts to apologize again, but he's cut off.

"Lets go." The guards say, ushering us all forward. I glare at them, and by the looks of it, some other people do to.

We decide to talk together instead of standing on awkward silence, and we start some random conversation about a dream Jerome has last night, which ended up being just a huge story that included just about anything that came to his mind. And to be fair, has a good story teller, and it made everyone laugh a few times, which is a lot given the circumstances.

The area here is hot though, just like I thought it would be, and I'm actually afraid the heat is gonna melt the bottom of my shoes to the dirt. I'm practically dripping in sweat, and my skins already burning up and turning a bright red in color. And because of the fact everyone here is about as white as snow, it's no big surprise most people are turning red or burning up.

My legs are already sore from walking so much today, and to be honest its more exercise I've gotten in awhile. Most of the other people are feeling the same way from what I can tell, and I get that same sinking feeling I felt while I climbed the stage. We weren't made for this. None of us really are.

"Its hot!" Ethan exlaims, and everyone shoots him a dirty look. I'm already on a bad mood, and him complaining is only gonna make it worse.

"Oh stop whining. Its hot for all of us." Mitch exclaims, leaning on Jerome slightly as they walk together.

"You wanna go mate?" Ethan declares, stopping his stride to stare at the back of Mitchs head.

Mitch stops and gets off Jerome, looking Ethan over as of he was the last piece of food left on this earth. You can tell he's debating his choices, and he looks over at Jerome for support. The gaurds are doing nothing, and are smirking at the two boys who are fighting over nothing.

"Fight, Fight, Fi-" Someone starts chanting in the background, but whoever that was is cut off.

"No, no ones gonna fight anyone else. You all need to get your shit together and get along. Were going somewhere new, and we need to get along now more than ever. So lets just stop fighting and continue walking." Tobi says suddenly, standing in the middle of the two men.

Mitch simply shrugs and wraps his arm around Jerome as they both start to walk again, leaving everyone to go back to their chatter despite the fact there was gonna be a fight nearly seconds ago. Ethan scoffs and catches up to someone, him mumbling how much of a pussy Mitch is anyway as he brushes past me. I stay in my place, watching as Tobi sighs in relief as he runs over to Vikk to probably tell each other terrible puns again like they did on the train. One of the guards push me forward, and I begin kicking small stones as I tried along the barren wasteland, the sun sitting proudly in the middle of the sky.

I hear a gasp, and I look up to see Rob and Preston staring at something a few feet away. I raise my head slightly higher and see the basecamp, standing proudly in the sea of dirt and sand. I can't help but notice how utterly terrifyingly horrible this looks, and the other have the same reaction.

The guards just laugh.

"Were here."

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Sorry for the slow build up, its getting there.

I have something huge planned, and it should be in the next few chapters the real.... Fun begins.

This is a war AU, and it would be a shame if Callum didn't get the war he wanted, wouldn't it?

It would also be a shame if...someone died wouldn't it? Going into a war they were prepared for and just being annihilated? Wouldn't that be a day crushers?

Or perhaps something...worse then death were to happen to Simon and the others? Perhaps.....

Perhaps you'll see soon.

Also btw I'm back from camp so daily posts? Maybe.