Reconcile

I scream in pain and agony, while Camila wept as she devours me.

--------

The sound of the alarm clock woke me up from my dream. My heart was a thundering mess, and I can feel sweats trickling down from my forehead, recalling the nightmare. I grab my neck where the ferocious bite had been, but my neck was perfectly fine. I sigh in relief, because damn it felt real.

I looked up to the clock, and it was 7pm. I rubbed my sleepy eyes to cleared my sight and looked around. I see my laptop fell on it side. I quickly straighten it back. Then I remember that I fell asleep during my research of Camila's situation.

I was very exhausted and there was so much going on in my head, Chris's skateboard, Camila, Austin, Dinah, Mike (it doesn't feel right labeling him dad anymore) and any other school work of course. That is what you get, a total messed up dream. I know it was just a dream, but it felt so real and horrifying. And I couldn't shake the feeling, if that dream could've, probably, be true. What if Camila is a monster?

I shook that thought away. Whatever that dream was, it was just a dream, and it is best if I'd stay away from all the possibilities theories of her as far as possible right now, not because of cowardice, it's just, I just don't want any of this unrealistic thoughts haunts me, and I'd find it not suggest-able for my mental health. But deep down in my head, the 'what if's' idea still remained. The image of blood and gore lingers.

I was packing my school belonging until I heard a growl from upstairs.

"Lauren! I'm gonna need my skateboard back tomorrow!" I rolled my eyes as I get ready to be lectured by Chris.

"I put it on the place the last time you've put it Chris." I scram as I looked up.

"Oh, okay, and if I find a little scratch over Plank, I don't know if I should call you sister anymore."

I rolled my eyes once more at his silly threat and went out to find the school bus, even though, I know deep down, I feel overly guilty over the incident that had happen to Plank. It was father's gift to him on his 14th birthday. Now I need to figure it out where and what cooler skateboard to buy for Chris before tomorrow come.

-

At school

It was 2pm on the afternoon, my class was over and now, I'd just need to get my books sort out in my locker so I could go home.

The hallway isn't as crowded as in the first period, where students rushing around afraid that they might get caught late by their homeroom teacher. There were only bunch of few people walking here and there. And just about 2 feet from my locker, from the turn hallway, I saw Dinah and her group friends approaching. They walked the hallway as if they owned it. Talking about mean girls.

Deep inside I wish they would just passed me by, with no intrusion, or just ignore my presence, because I couldn't shake the bad vibe about them. I know my suffering didn't end at the cafeteria few weeks ago. Dinah will come to me to torture me with no reasons.

"Well, well, well, what do have we here." Dinah said to her friends as she reach my position. I sigh in defeat, suspect things like this would happen. I was facing my locker and I tried to ignore the mean girls presence behind me. But of course it was a wrong move. Should've thought it better. Should've walked away. Shit.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you nerd!" Dinah pulled me backwards forcefully, turned me around and pushed me back to the cold steel locker. Hard. I winced at the pain on my back. Dinah put on her despicable smirk, and leaned closer to my face. And oh how I really despise her more up close. She closed my locker with one swift punch, I flinched a little but I wasn't afraid or scared, there was only anger and humiliation.