Chapter 19: Makeover? Me? As In, Make Me Over?

"To Marianne Evans, the newest member of our family. We hope you'll enjoy your time here with us." Mr Harrings cheered, raising his mug of coffee, seeing that it was only eight in the morning and he found and I quote 'coffee to be better toast givers than champagne'.

I awkwardly nodded and mumbled my thanks to all the random people coming up to me, congratulating me on becoming DH's latest recruitment. In the midst of all the unfamiliar faces, I noticed Iyanu practically running up to me before tugging me in for a hug.

"I knew you'd change your mind." She said excitedly, shaking me side to side. "Oh I'm so freaking glad you agreed to do this."

"So am I." I replied as she released me. "It's the first time I've ever done something because I genuinely wanted to do it. I feel great." By the end of my little confession, Iyanu's small smile transformed into a big, toothy grin. She let out a squeal and hugged me once more.

"We need to celebrate!" She yelled.

"That we must indeed."

We both turned to the source of the masculine voice, only to be met with Thomas. Forever making himself relevant, that one.

"I have an idea." Iyanu said, smirking. She tugged on Thomas' sleeve, making him bend so that the height difference between the two was decreased. Being the little midget she was next to him, she still had to stand on her tiptoes just to whisper whatever it was she wanted to say into his ear. When she pulled away, they both looked at each other in approval, then looked at me.

"No." I said, shaking my head. "I don't know what it is but no. Not with those looks on your faces." They looked like a pair of crazy scientists, looking at their next experimental victim. That victim being me in this case. They both looked at each other again and shrugged. Before I could even question their weird telepathic connection, I was thrown over Thomas' shoulder and carried out of the building.

"This is kidnapping!" I screamed, banging on the brick wall in front of me that was his back. "Well technically I'm not a kid anymore but you know, adultnapping. I'M BEING ADULTNAPPED HERE PEOPLE, SOMEONE SAVE ME!!"

Just when I thought a bystander would come to my rescue, I was thrown into the backseat of a car, landing right next to Iyanu. I shot her a 'you'll wish you were never born when I get around to you' look. Thomas got in after me, taking the seat on my right as if nothing just happened.

"Take us to the mall please." He told the driver. I looked up and recognised the pair of eyes looking back at us through the rearview mirror.

"Hey Ronaldo." I greeted him. He responded with a nod, his expression not changing. "Ronaldo, they're adultnapping me and you and I are sort of, kind of buddies right? Help a homegirl out here and drop me off anywhere but their requested destination." I said, giving him a thumbs up as soon as he looked back at us.

"And how are you planning on getting out of the car when you're wedged between us?" Thomas asked, not even bothering looking away from the window.

Good point. But little do you know about me mister. I didn't waste fifteen years of gymnastic classes for nothing. I could easily jump over the seats between us and Ronaldo's and maneuver my way to the passenger's seat, then escape from that door in ten seconds flat. Pfft, I could so..

"Ria."

"Didn't I tell you to stop calling me that?" I sighed.

"Yeah." Thomas replied, poking me in the cheek. "But I like it, so I won't. Ria, Ria, Ria, Ria, Ria.."

My right cheek was beginning to feel numb thanks to his index finger. I repositioned myself in my seat so that I was now facing Iyanu and my back was facing him. Even though I made it clear that I didn't feel like socialising with him, he kept on poking me in the back with his finger, calling me by that annoying nickname on repeat. I glanced up at Iyanu and she looked as amused as ever.